Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What my SA told me is that the full transition is only occurring at the end of Q2, and they "haven't seen many" AMDs.
I am getting that from my SA as well. She is suggesting to go with whatever i get now and sell / trade it in a year from now with the market being what it is. the new concern i personally have is the heat pump issue more than the AMD vs Intel at this point. Regardless, new owner in 3 days : )

Visited a Chicago SC yesterday to ask why my delivery got delayed and the SA was really helpful and speculated that my MYP will be made in Austin and also hinted at 4680 being in them. They are not allowed to talk about this but he was open with me when we went outside. He said the new models now come with AMD and the new battery. I take this with a grain of salt and hope I am one of the lucky ones to get the 4680’s. Not banking on it though, will settle for AMD and 15v battery.

Reactions: MikeHawk
Visited a Chicago SC yesterday to ask why my delivery got delayed and the SA was really helpful and speculated that my MYP will be made in Austin and also hinted at 4680 being in them. They are not allowed to talk about this but he was open with me when we went outside. He said the new models now come with AMD and the new battery. I take this with a grain of salt and hope I am one of the lucky ones to get the 4680’s. Not banking on it though, will settle for AMD and 15v battery.
It’s helpful to put O/D and EDD and your spec in your signature or title.

Yesterday, my SC said the last two weeks, everything has been coming with Ryzen.

I wasn't sure if it was true. I am going to probably buy my MYP tonight, I am still going over my finances (I know I can afford one, I just want to trim unnecessary expenses, and run the numbers against my budget). Given how prepared I am to purchase; I don't want to wait for the 4680 battery, or additional color options.

If I can get the Ryzen chip + updated headlights + interior cabin radar + infrared camera....I think I have everything I think I would need

A MYP order right now would get February delivery - so mid-quarter; I hear you don't want to buy a car that will be manufactured during an end of quarter push.

So....Ryzen confirmed?
Greetings I am ordering my Model Y and live in the states what the chance I will get all the new upgrades like the Headlights and such? Thank You

Greetings I am ordering my Model Y and live in the states what the chance I will get all the new upgrades like the Headlights and such? Thank You
First, welcome aboard!
Second, you need to identify the type of MY you are ordering: MY Long Range or Performance.
Third: Search/Read for topics you are interested in (there's a ton of information available here and the internet in general), and only then ask unanswered questions,
Nothing personal, I am sharing this info/experience because I joined this board myself only a month ago.

Took delivery today. 357xxx Vin. Got Vin back on the 10th. Has AMD processor.

Car seems to have reasonable construction quality, but it has a pretty big and noticeable paint defect on the pillar. I'm not sure how that escaped notice.

Reps there said that it's actually pretty time consuming to fix and offered to put me on the priority list if I rejected delivery. I probably would have done that if it didn't have the AMD processor.

Attachments

• PXL_20220116_184519329.jpg
    PXL_20220116_184519329.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 150
Reactions: orion2001
Took delivery today. 357xxx Vin. Got Vin back on the 10th. Has AMD processor.

Car seems to have reasonable construction quality, but it has a pretty big and noticeable paint defect on the pillar. I'm not sure how that escaped notice.

Reps there said that it's actually pretty time consuming to fix and offered to put me on the priority list if I rejected delivery. I probably would have done that if it didn't have the AMD processor.
Congrats on the car. But yikes, that looks bad. Tesla should have a certified body shop repair the defect.

Last edited:
seems built date after 1/6/2022 all have AMD and Li Ion battery. Now can we wrap up and move on to next topic - who gets double rear glaze and then matrix headlights
I feel it's a joke that 3s have the matrix headlights, the MYP does but not the MYLR. I don't understand why cheaper models already have the upgraded lights... my EDD is March hopefully they update the LR until that date.

I feel it's a joke that 3s have the matrix headlights, the MYP does but not the MYLR. I don't understand why cheaper models already have the upgraded lights... my EDD is March hopefully they update the LR until that date.
I’ve been complaining about this for a bit. Even tweeted to Elon several times, no reply😖. I think we need more people to complain about this to make a difference.

Reactions: MikeHawk