Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome. We finally get confirmation of a ton of new Y's now shipping with the AMD MCU3 and Li-ion 12V battery. And the tech hoarder in me is now concerned with how much longer until Austin comes online, when do 4680 cells start shipping, and does all this mean Tesla is finally ready to switch to a battery structured frame.

I swear the amazing changes that Tesla can make to a vehicle in a single year is both a blessing and a curse. Seems like as soon as one thing finally gets confirmed, there is always something else to consider waiting for.

Either way, I'm very happy to see that pretty much all the Ys regardless of trim, built within the last week are now shipping with the AMD MCU3.

SA was accurate with all info:

Build quality was on point, went over the entire car with a LED paint light.

No paint blemishes nor panel gaps (There were several model Y's there and i compared the finish to the others, most seemed to have great fit and finish)
AMD Ryzen Chip
New 12V battery

1642466258302.png

No paint blemishes nor panel gaps (There were several model Y's there and i compared the finish to the others, most seemed to have great fit and finish)
AMD Ryzen Chip
New 12V battery

View attachment 756838
Gorgeous! Congrats on the delivery.

Reactions: M|S|M MYP

AMD Ryzen Chip
New 12V battery

View attachment 756838
Congrats!

Did you get the new headlights as your SA suggested?

AMD Ryzen Chip
New 12V battery

View attachment 756838
Looks just like the one I am expecting in March :cool: Congrats!

Reactions: M|S|M MYP