Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have delivery today (NF362xxx). How do I check if we have Ryzen? Also is there an easy way to check if we got the new battery?
I think I accessed that info using the "car" icon on the bottom left of your console screen, then software or something like that. Don't remember now, but its like the 2 or 3 option from the bottom.
Mine got delivered last Friday. Have a Ryzen in it.

Reactions: leaftoy
We have delivery today (NF362xxx). How do I check if we have Ryzen? Also is there an easy way to check if we got the new battery?
It’s under Software | Additional vehicle information.

As for the battery, you have to physically check.

5D1C3E66-09B7-4FDC-ADE5-C4EC23308196.jpeg

Reactions: LitePhoenix99
Thank you!

About physically checking the battery, is it just a matter of opening the hood and looking?

It's a little bit more involving than that.

First you open the Frunk. If you have a M3, you'll have to remove the upper trim panel, then look at the battery. On the MY, I believe you have to remove 2x10mm bolts that secure the HEPA filter, remove the filter assembly, followed by upper trim panel.

It's a little bit more involving than that.

First you open the Frunk. If you have a M3, you'll have to remove the upper trim panel, then look at the battery. On the MY, I believe you have to remove 2x10mm bolts that secure the HEPA filter, remove the filter assembly, followed by upper trim panel.
Wow! I was able to confirm I have Ryzen (2022 Y delivered 1/18/22) but I guess I won't find out if I have the new battery or not. :)

The new battery suppose to be 15v instead of 12v for old version. I wonder if you can tell by simply measuring voltage from cigarette lighter socket? Many radar detectors and some cigarette lighter splitters can be used if voltage meter is not available.

What does being in MI have to do with it? Not sure I understand why you say that isn’t going to happen.
The vehicle cant enter MI until it's paid in full, title, and plated. No Tesla financing available either. OR I can drive to Chicago or OH to pick it up, and be able to get Tesla financing, etc. So they basically need to truck it to IL or OH, do all the paperwork and plating, then be able to truck it into MI, then be able to schedule a pickup

Thanks dealerships....

The vehicle cant enter MI until it's paid in full, title, and plated. No Tesla financing available either. OR I can drive to Chicago or OH to pick it up, and be able to get Tesla financing, etc. So they basically need to truck it to IL or OH, do all the paperwork and plating, then be able to truck it into MI, then be able to schedule a pickup

Thanks dealerships....
Damn that sucks. Crazy but being Michigan, in retrospect not surprising.