Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to the Tesla store today in Lynnwood, WA. They had no show room cars, but delivery agent did show me a new white/black Model Y awaiting customer pickup, which did not have rear double glazed windows, headlights looked like the ones in this post. She said all the new cars she was seeing had the AMD chip and the lithium-ion low voltage battery. (Sorry, did not get the VIN, the build date, or whether is was an LR or a P).

366*** here, AMD Ryzen, Li-ion 12V

Check the paperwork in the glovebox, it says microprocessor controlled lithium ion battery. I think that's the 12v. I also visually inspected the battery underneath the large HEPA filter in the frunk.

View attachment 761004
Any chance you checked for the heated wiper park? I have the same VIN series, 366, and was crossing my fingers for that feature (which is a definite benefit in New England).

Any chance you checked for the heated wiper park? I have the same VIN series, 366, and was crossing my fingers for that feature (which is a definite benefit in New England).
With the new cars, I think you have to wait a few weeks to get the up-to-date software for the car. I'm thinking the hardware might be there but won't be revealed until I get the latest software.

Basic question.. how do I find out whether my new Model Y has the new Li ion battery or a lead acid one? There was no feature sheet in my glovebox.
Early Jan delivery with Atom processor.
I don't think there have been any Li ion batteries without Ryzen chip pairings. It's very unlikely you have the Li ion battery. I believe you can open up the frunk and look for a different style of cable and a metal plate that is indicative of the Li ion battery.

Basic question.. how do I find out whether my new Model Y has the new Li ion battery or a lead acid one? There was no feature sheet in my glovebox.
Early Jan delivery with Atom processor.
No need for disassembly. It's written on you widow sticker. It should have been included with you car. Ask SA at your store for a duplicate sticker.
I believe all AMD chip cars must have the Li ion battery to power processor so you may still have lead battery. I also heard it is 15 volt Li ion instead of 12 volt but may be a rumor.

No need for disassembly. It's written on you widow sticker. It should have been included with you car. Ask SA at your store for a duplicate sticker.
I believe all AMD chip cars must have the Li ion battery to power processor so you may still have lead battery. I also heard it is 15 volt Li ion instead of 12 volt but may be a rumor.
Yup, I believe it is 15.5V. That's why models with hitch are going to need an adapter to convert to 12V at the hitch.