Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That wasn’t my point. My point was that the people who DO care enough to post about Intel/AMD on this forum are also rejecting their VINs when they receive an Intel VIN. Which is why you don’t see many reports of people accepting these cars. Go check out the MYP thread. You will literally see dozens of members receiving, then rejecting an Intel VIN. And all of these VINs are clustered in the 377-380 range manufactured over a 5 day period. If this is a bunch of misinformed SAs giving them bad info, that is quite a coincidence. Or a strange conspiracy for some dark unknowable purpose. The obvious alternative is that yes, there really were thousands of cars made with Intel two weeks ago.
We were told by the Service Center manager today that our MYP had Ryzen, heated wipers, and Li-Ion when we asked as we started our delivery process.

When we asked he looked up the build date and said that it would be in there.

Sadly I trusted him and didn’t verify while in the lot.

Low and behold, when we got home I checked and we have an Intel.

Called Tesla and no option at this point. No retrofit of MCU at this time.

Very unfortunate. My fault for not verifying on the spot, but should also be able to trust the manager of the SC.

Stings even more since we delayed our December delivery to wait specifically for these updates. Ill probably email Tesla later to see if there’s any chance of a retrofit but I’m doubtful.

VIN: 379xxx

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2
We were told by the Service Center manager today that our MYP had Ryzen, heated wipers, and Li-Ion when we asked as we started our delivery process.

When we asked he looked up the build date and said that it would be in there.

Sadly I trusted him and didn’t verify while in the lot.

Low and behold, when we got home I checked and we have an Intel.

Called Tesla and no option at this point. No retrofit of MCU at this time.

Very unfortunate. My fault for not verifying on the spot, but should also be able to trust the manager of the SC.

Stings even more since we delayed our December delivery to wait specifically for these updates. Ill probably email Tesla later to see if there’s any chance of a retrofit but I’m doubtful.

VIN: 379xxx
Sorry to hear this. You still have an amazing vehicle and there will always be something better on the horizon. I hate to perpetuate rumors but, if range is a greater benefit that in-car entertainment, then you'll be happy to know that the Intel models have better range (if the rumors are valid). Go enjoy that badass MYP for its strengths, the "flaws" will pale in comparison.

Took delivery today, alas it's an Intel chip F380XXX. Hope there is a retrofit option eventually. Luckily got 1.24% financing on this car, so can't complain there. Good luck to everyone else!
Can we trouble you for the next digit that follows the 0? Asking because F380XXX seems to be the point where they switched back to AMD. For example, it looks like F3800XX thru F380799 appear to be Intel. Above F3800800 appear to be AMD.

Can we trouble you for the next digit that follows the 0? Asking because F380XXX seems to be the point where they switched back to AMD. For example, it looks like F3800XX thru F380799 appear to be Intel. Above F3800800 appear to be AMD.
I'm about to be you. Can you please tell me if your infotainment center seems fast/responsive with the likes of youtube or spotify? Maybe Ryzen isnt that much faster? I'm running out of time to make up my mind (this Sunday is pickup day). I really really appreciate any and all response!!

Took delivery today, alas it's an Intel chip F380XXX. Hope there is a retrofit option eventually. Luckily got 1.24% financing on this car, so can't complain there. Good luck to everyone else!
I'm about to be you. Can you please tell me if your infotainment center seems fast/responsive with the likes of youtube or spotify? Maybe Ryzen isnt that much faster? I'm running out of time to make up my mind (this Sunday is pickup day). I really really appreciate any and all response!!

Realistically, how often do you think you'll use those entertainment features? Sure, the load times will be a bit better with AMD, but once the app is running, it's not like Intel has performance issues.
Think objectively, if Tesla didn't offer those entertainment options, would you have ordered the MYP? What I'm getting at is, were the entertainment options a factor at all when deciding to order? If not, then don't let it hold you back now. Don't let FOMO (fear of missing out) rule your life, it's paralyzing and ultimately ends up with you missing out one way or another. Not trying to judge, just offering some advice to be objective and have perspective on this.

Realistically, how often do you think you'll use those entertainment features? Sure, the load times will be a bit better with AMD, but once the app is running, it's not like Intel has performance issues.
Think objectively, if Tesla didn't offer those entertainment options, would you have ordered the MYP? What I'm getting at is, were the entertainment options a factor at all when deciding to order? If not, then don't let it hold you back now. Don't let FOMO (fear of missing out) rule your life, it's paralyzing and ultimately ends up with you missing out one way or another. Not trying to judge, just offering some advice to be objective and have perspective on this.
I had a chance to see AMD in person and I can tell you that it is more than just entertainment. AMD makes a difference in cameras and rendering as well. In the future, if Tesla decides to use heavier 3d models for cars intel will struggle.

From Reddit: "Model S redesign and Model Y both have the same AMD Ryzen chip, the S has 16 gigs of RAM and the Y has 8. But the S has to drive 3 screens instead of 1."

Now car still drives the same, but if you can get AMD, it is a worthy upgrade!

I had a chance to see AMD in person and I can tell you that it is more than just entertainment. AMD makes a difference in cameras and rendering as well. In the future, if Tesla decides to use heavier 3d models for cars intel will struggle.

From Reddit: "Model S redesign and Model Y both have the same AMD Ryzen chip, the S has 16 gigs of RAM and the Y has 8. But the S has to drive 3 screens instead of 1."

Now car still drives the same, but if you can get AMD, it is a worthy upgrade!
TBH, you roll the dice with any Tesla that comes off the line. You could be passing on an Intel equipped MYP that has zero quality issues just to end up with an AMD model with paint and other defects.
Everyone has different priorities, but I personally wouldn't let the processor be the deciding factor.

TBH, you roll the dice with any Tesla that comes off the line. You could be passing on an Intel equipped MYP that has zero quality issues just to end up with an AMD model with paint and other defects.
Everyone has different priorities, but I personally wouldn't let the processor be the deciding factor.
You're bang on. I didn't buy the car before knowing about this intel amd *sugar*. I think though it is an accumulation of things knowing that not only am I missing out on this chip but I'm also not getting the lithium ion battery nor heated windshield. But, I guess I don't live in Canada.

Reactions: H4V0C
You're bang on. I didn't buy the car before knowing about this intel amd *sugar*. I think though it is an accumulation of things knowing that not only am I missing out on this chip but I'm also not getting the lithium ion battery nor heated windshield. But, I guess I don't live in Canada.

I recently upgraded from an Intel MYSR to an AMD MYLR. The AMD is noticeably faster, but not mind blowingly so. Apps that take 10 to 15 seconds to load on Intel take about 5 to 7 seconds on AMD. Camera lag that was present on Intel is not present on AMD. The UI is snappier. QOL improvements for sure, but not something you can't live without.