Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my Y Performance VIN assigned today (F3905XX) It’s a white with black int model to be delivered to Colorado. Confirmed with SA that it has the Li battery, heated wipers, AMD chip and A/S tires. 👍
Be careful to trust in the SA. They have been wrong or lied to customers many times. If you don’t care about those features then it’s no sweat.

So I cancelled my intel. Told the SA if I don't get a vin with AMD I walk. Imo (and its just my opinion) the responsiveness+ lithium ion battery cost to replace 3-5 years down the road + retrofit cost for heated windshield wipers is too significant to go ahead with this order (let alone the fact I'm missing out on the 4680 cells - its just too much for me to swallow).

I'm about to be you. Can you please tell me if your infotainment center seems fast/responsive with the likes of youtube or spotify? Maybe Ryzen isnt that much faster? I'm running out of time to make up my mind (this Sunday is pickup day). I really really appreciate any and all response!!
It is significantly faster. Maps load at least twice as fast, and a lot of games/applications load at least 3 times faster (and considering they used to take at least half a minute, it's quite an improvement). There's still no conclusive evidence as to what gpu they're using in it (whether it's the same Navi based discrete one in the X/S or an APU), but it's already much faster than the intel. I previously had an intel Model 3 Performance, so was able to test that in comparison with the Ryzen on my Model Y.

I think most people who don't care about the difference between the intel or amd processors just don't really know what it is, but if you show them the live performance difference I'm pretty sure they'll care much more.

• Helpful
Reactions: adonishui and tm1v2
Definitely, I'm committed now. Delivery scheduled for Friday, 2/25. Even if it comes with Intel, I'm thankful Tesla tried to accommodate my requests. I'm exited regardless. Will keep you all posted.
I’m happy to report that I got my Tesla Model Y LR delivered with the AMD MCU3 today. Build date was 2/20.

Only got some bad luck with panel gaps on the trunk and one rear door. Will have to get that fixed.

So I cancelled my intel. Told the SA if I don't get a vin with AMD I walk. Imo (and its just my opinion) the responsiveness+ lithium ion battery cost to replace 3-5 years down the road + retrofit cost for heated windshield wipers is too significant to go ahead with this order (let alone the fact I'm missing out on the 4680 cells - its just too much for me to swallow).
The 12V battery cost is too significant to replace? If $200 every 4 years is too much, you shouldn't be buying a $60,000 vehicle. You do realize you will replace tires at $1000 a set more often than the 12V battery right? And as far as the heated wiper area, there is no retrofit and wont be one so you can factor in a cost of $0 on that. And the only way it is helpful is if you can't use the windshield defroster. It blows hot air at the same area. It may take a bit longer but it will still do the job.

Tesla sold over 300,000 MY with intel CPU and probably 1 million M3 worldwide, if there were major issues, you'd be hearing all sorts of stories about needing it to be replaced. If you want it to be more responsive while gaming and watching netflix, you aren't using the car as intended. It's a car. These are all gimmicks that you can't use while driving.

Picked up my MYLR today. Nice car! So far the only issue I notice is the steering wheel is a bit rotated when going straight. I assume a Tesla road ranger can adjust it.

VIN F3752xx with 2/12 build date. Has AMD Ryzen, 19" Continental ProContact RX tires, and double pane front glass. Haven't checked 12v battery and wiper heater yet. I was originally assigned an F377xxx VIN with a 2/11 build date but was told by 2 SAs that it had an Atom CPU. My SA swapped me to this one very quickly and I got it only a couple of days after I would have gotten the first one.

OD 09/12, Delivered 2/26/2022
MYLR, White ext, Black int, 19" Gemini, 5 seats, has tow hitch, no FSD

Reactions: monkee88
Picked up my MYLR today. Nice car! So far the only issue I notice is the steering wheel is a bit rotated when going straight. I assume a Tesla road ranger can adjust it.

VIN F3752xx with 2/12 build date. Has AMD Ryzen, 19" Continental ProContact RX tires, and double pane front glass. Haven't checked 12v battery and wiper heater yet. I was originally assigned an F377xxx VIN with a 2/11 build date but was told by 2 SAs that it had an Atom CPU. My SA swapped me to this one very quickly and I got it only a couple of days after I would have gotten the first one.

OD 09/12, Delivered 2/26/2022
MYLR, White ext, Black int, 19" Gemini, 5 seats, has tow hitch, no FSD
Seems odd that a car built the day before would be Intel. Which is exactly why I wouldn't trust information given to you ahead of delivery.

Friends and family maybe ;) ? They always advertise the best they can do. I'm assuming you got 1.24% rate 60 days back?

1645927815811.png

best I got matched DCU (w/Tesla)

1645927954165.png

Last edited:
Yeah, it was pointed out above. I have contacted my SA via text to see what happens if I switch to a different finance. I suppose it becomes a cash deal to Tesla and I bring a DCU check to the delivery (?)
no they update the financing option from Tesla to DCU. DCU can send check directly to Tesla. good news is that you dont need to wait till Tesla receives the check. DCU will send you a tracking number as well as photocopy of the check. you send that to Tesla and you can take delivery.
in my case, this whole process was done in 4hr.
PS: I had a pre-approval from DCU.

no they update the financing option from Tesla to DCU. DCU can send check directly to Tesla. good news is that you dont need to wait till Tesla receives the check. DCU will send you a tracking number as well as photocopy of the check. you send that to Tesla and you can take delivery.
in my case, this whole process was done in 4hr.
PS: I had a pre-approval from DCU.
Thanks. I'm seeing if I can even join. They are Massachusetts organization, I live in Florida....