Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My brother was just assigned a VIN for delivery tomorrow. The rep over the phone said car computer was "ice", which means Intel. His VIN is F391xxx. He's located in the Bay Area so probably fresh off of the line. I thought that we were finally passed Intel, but who knows. We have not confirmed this in person, this is just the rep over the phone but I would think that their information is correct.
LR?

Newbie question, what happens if you reject delivery?

Untitled.png

• Funny
Reactions: ord3r
Picked up MYP White/white, tow today at Marina del Rey, L. A., California.
VIN F394xxx. Ryzen, P Zero tires. Advisor said it has Li-ion battery, heated wiper, but I didn’t check yet.
Ordered late Nov, EDD late Feb.
I declined offer Dec 28(work, holidays, etc). VIN assigned 3/1/22.
Delivered 3/4/22
Few minor flaws, service appointment next week. (Exterior charge door/flap doesn’t open when manually tapped, multiple attempts needed with charger switch before flap opens).
Overall Stoked!

What did your brother end up getting?
He just took delivery this evening. Sure enough It was AMD. VIN F391. Even though the phone rep supposedly looked at Garage and said that it was an “ice” computer, the SA said that it was AMD. I don’t know how to tell for sure anymore without actually seeing the car since asking different people at Tesla gets different responses.

He just took delivery this evening. Sure enough It was AMD. VIN F391. Even though the phone rep supposedly looked at Garage and said that it was an “ice” computer, the SA said that it was AMD. I don’t know how to tell for sure anymore without actually seeing the car since asking different people at Tesla gets different responses.
Seriously? How do they even make this mistake?

Reactions: DrGriz
Seriously? How do they even make this mistake?
I have no idea. Either the “computer attribute” ice/infoz information is not correct, or the SAs have different information than what is in Garage.

My EDD is Mar 5-31, and I was hoping to use this information when I finally get a VIN assigned, but now I guess I’ll have to wait to see the car in person before having any confidence that it has AMD.

Are you guys able to tell if "F390331" has AMD instead of Intel? I just received this VIN this afternoon.

Thanks much!
Call Tesla and speak with several different advisors and ask. Also, on day of delivery/pick-up, confirm with the local delivery/pick-up center. If they are dropping off the car, you can ask the driver to check the Software screen to confirm before you accept delivery.

Call Tesla and speak with several different advisors and ask. Also, on day of delivery/pick-up, confirm with the local delivery/pick-up center. If they are dropping off the car, you can ask the driver to check the Software screen to confirm before you accept delivery.
When you say "Tesla", are you talking about a sales person from the nearest Tesla dealer where I'm supposed to pickup the car?

Today I received my VIN for a MY LR. I called up both the main Tesla number and the SA at my delivery center to ask whether it had the Ryzen MCU.

Even before I gave either of them my RN or VIN number, both said it had the Ryzen. Both said that all the Model Y's now being delivered had the the Ryzen CPU. (This is in the Sacramento/Rocklin area.)

I'm interested to see whether this is really true, so I'd like to ask the group:

Has anyone been offered a Model Y in the past few days that had the Intel Atom MCU? (That is, actually confirmed by looking at the vehicle, not just going by the SA saying that it was "ice.")