Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a bit suspicious of this spreadsheet entry. Username is listed as @jyzzxcvb which doesn’t show up in the system. I would think that if someone knew enough to make an entry in the spreadsheet (which hasn’t been referenced directly on TMC for weeks), they would also recognize that this was newsworthy enough to leave a post somewhere. It is likely someone trying to yank our chain. Still! I’m not liking that my VIN is in the same range.
I am suspicious as well as I did the same as you and couldn't find that person in the system. Can you update us when you find out about yours?

F401 series. Delivered 3/21/22. AMD, heated wipers(software and hardware). I haven't checked for li-ion but I think those 3 things are paired

20220322_185307.jpg

I don't think the VINs are sequential meaning different model/option has separate sequence. MY MYP was built on 3/15, but it has 398 VIN.
My understanding is that they are definitely not all sequential "big picture" but all the cars within a batch appear to be identical at some kind of feature level. And then of course add the delay times actually shipping cars to people and they're arriving at all different times as well. But the Model Y LR rolling out Fremont the last couple days are F402 and those should be delivered to California people this week.

I only mentioned mine because there was some weird confusion about if had somehow gotten one last batch of Intel chips and I literally picked one up at 11am today at the factory so...

• Informative
Reactions: DrGriz
Can someone confirm whether or not anyone else has received a AMD Ryzen processor that has a factory installed tow hitch? Just read on another thread that there is a link to the 12V lead acid battery not playing nice with the trailer hitch wiring harness so they are building them with the lesser battery until they can develop the adapter that will work correctly. Again I am not saying this is true just saw it on the the Blue waiting room thread. If there is any truth to this I may attempt to change my order to "No Tow". It's not like I am pulling a trailer. I just wanted it for bike rack a few times a year.

I have a Ryzen with a Tesla Service center installed tow package (Delievery Feb 8th, they wouldn't let me re-add the tow package to my order. Got the tow package installed a Mid February. The 12v connection in the 7 pin trailer hitch has no voltage but everything else works now (none of the lights worked when they first installed it, took it back to service and they said it was a faulty body controller -shrugs- ). Service center was very confused my by request to get the 12v working, kept telling me that it just works but will be higher voltage, I had to pull out a 7 pin tester I bought to show them that the 12v doesn't work. They then said an update should eventually be available but wasn't out yet and I should keep a lookout for an announcement from Tesla about it. Warned me to avoid "forums" that may have inaccurate info. HA. I wouldn't have known to even check on the 12v connector if it wasn't for forums.

Reactions: BillyG2022MYP
Just got my VIN tonight on my account but it's not showing up on my app. My numbers are F411. Going to call a SA tomorrow and at least get confirmation on amd, heated wipers. Hoping since i haven't seen many people update sing F402 that maybe i'll get lucky and get some other updated stuff? it's a MYLR blue with FSD and tow hitch 5 seater and i'm in So Cal