Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you take a picture and show us what you are talking about?
D85FD100-7E1D-480E-92DD-878F76C5E0B4.jpeg

Unfortunately the SC lied to me - said yes your car is here with us and has DUAL pane windows in front and rear - when i arrived - the front are - the rear are not :(
An SA that didn’t know what they were talking about? That’s unpossible!

Kidding aside, SAs have it tough. Tons of customers contacting them day and night with pretty much the same questions. Those in this forum know more about the various configurations and model changes than the SAs themselves. SAs help navigate the buying process but few of them own or are fixated on Tesla like the end-customer.

Oh wow, they told you you were getting the new door panels too? Definitely clear which one of the advisors was BSing 😄

Those new MIC door panels look much nicer with carbon fiber or wood trim; the white dash sucks.

Last edited:
really? i love the white - i sold my wood dash model 3 - am in LOVE with the white - only thing i wish they did is make the dash white leather instead of plastic - the car is so well built compared to my model 3 - no rattling and everything is just better quality
The wood trim is so subjective. So many people rave about it and really love it but when I test drove a MY with the wood trim, I thought it looked incredibly cheap and it just didn't do anything for me. To the point that I'd have much rather had a plain black plastic/faux leather front dash than have the wood trim. I love the White interior though I'm sure there are plenty here who feel like I do about the wood trim in regards to the white dash 😄

really? i love the white - i sold my wood dash model 3 - am in LOVE with the white - only thing i wish they did is make the dash white leather instead of plastic - the car is so well built compared to my model 3 - no rattling and everything is just better quality
Maybe it's just me then... Mine will be arriving today, so we'll see if it grows on me, but my current plan is to switch mine out for carbon fiber.

Irvine, California? Are you sure you’re not in Irvine, UK? What is the steering wheel doing on the wrong side?
It was just a pic of a Chinese Model Y to show the new style door panels.

Reactions: kaydenMUSIC
I was the guy that was hoping and praying for a Austin, TX Built MYP but since I have taken delivery of my California built car I haven't given it a second thought. I am just thankful to have this amazing piece of modern machinery. It puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. Just be prepared to spend a lot of your time giving your friends rides and the accessories can get out of control to be honest. Love this car!

Attachments

• IMG_0097.jpg
    IMG_0097.jpg
    863.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0131.jpg
    IMG_0131.jpg
    674.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0106.jpg
    897.4 KB · Views: 75
Arrived earlier this morning! Aside from a small gap in the black window trim where the two pieces meet by the back door it is in great shape! Drives significantly better than my ‘15 model s. Quieter, more nimble and tight, better handling, faster after ~30mph, better sound system even though I have the premium sound in the S, MCU that is super snappy vs my MCU 1.0. The only thing that is better in the S are some of the interior finishes, but aside from that this is a much better car.

394F6F79-1238-4416-A7A0-62BB2B349EAA.jpeg

Arrived earlier this morning! Aside from a small gap in the black window trim where the two pieces meet by the back door it is in great shape! Drives significantly better than my ‘15 model s. Quieter, more nimble and tight, better handling, faster after ~30mph, better sound system even though I have the premium sound in the S, MCU that is super snappy vs my MCU 1.0. The only thing that is better in the S are some of the interior finishes, but aside from that this is a much better car.

View attachment 787475
It looks great :)

Is there a chance when picking it up from Tesla to check the interior before accepting delivery? I guess is up to that Tesla location to unlock de car for you...

Reactions: kaydenMUSIC
It looks great :)

Is there a chance when picking it up from Tesla to check the interior before accepting delivery? I guess is up to that Tesla location to unlock de car for you...
They told me ahead of time that I would not be able to look at it before accepting delivery in the app, but when the guy showed up at my house with the car I just helped myself since he didn't lock it up or anything. A friend told me that they gave him a similar storyw hen he was picking up at a service center, but he insisted that they open it and they obliged.

Car came with the Michelins, dual pane glass in the front only, Ryzen, heated wheel and wipers.