Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery today of my performance y. It has the 15 volt battery, amd processor and heated wipers! But, no rear dual laminated glass, rear cargo cover or new extended dash door panels. It feels bittersweet moving from my 2020 3 Performance but the built quality feels so much better and the extra space is amazing!

Attachments

• F77E092B-6B48-46F4-9E16-CC3B4FC3A5F6.jpeg
    F77E092B-6B48-46F4-9E16-CC3B4FC3A5F6.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 130
An SA that didn’t know what they were talking about? That’s unpossible!

Kidding aside, SAs have it tough. Tons of customers contacting them day and night with pretty much the same questions. Those in this forum know more about the various configurations and model changes than the SAs themselves. SAs help navigate the buying process but few of them own or are fixated on Tesla like the end-customer.

Im not exactly sure what SA means.. Im guessing sales advisor? But if your job is help with the process of selling these vehicles.. then you should be pretty well informed on the product you are selling. And while its not necessarily their fault they are not up-to-date, after all they only know what corporate informs them of knowing. I would be pretty pissed to have someone promised me the $60k vehicle I am buying has a certain feature.. only to take delivery and it doesn't have what they said.

After all.. Im sure nobody here would think its okay for a traditional dealership to promise a car had X features.. only to show up to the dealership and it doesn't have it. I got somewhat lucky a year ago when I purchased my Y because I knew what specific build date to look for, thanks to this forum and other sources. I was specifically looking for Y's with the newly refreshed console, heated steering wheel and dual pane windows. While the SA couldn't tell me which specific Y's had those features or not.. he was able to tell me the build date on the vehicles. Once I found a Y that was built in March of 2021.. I was 99% sure it had those features and went ahead with the reservation.

Tesla corporate would be tremendously helpful if they just made their SA's aware of these changes. So that SA's are informed in some database, that as of MM/DD/YY date.. manufacturing has made X particular update to vehicle built at this location. SA's would then know exactly when vehicles built after this date would have this feature added. And before someone says they aren't capable of doing that.. that's exactly what happened when Tesla removed radar from the 3/Y in May of 2021.

Reactions: smilepak
Took delivery of MY today in Northern California. Manufacture date of 04/2022. F409 VIN. Came with Ryzen, li-ion, heated wipers/steering wheel. No rear double glazed side windows, cargo cover, or new door panels. Had a factory installed tow hitch.
Thats absolutely amazing that car was built just this week.. and already delivered to you!

I'm guessing this is the newest build reported thus far. Glad to hear it has tow hitch + AMD.