Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 3rd Party Chargers are Insanely Expensive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(thread resurrection)
I recall participating in a thread ages about about insanely priced charging at a hotel in So Cal... but I think this one from https://www.chevybolt.org/threads/fast-charging-at-2-30-kwh-plus-10-50-session.51738/ (you need to be a member here to see it) takes the cake.

He wrote:
"
  • $2.30 / kWh
  • $10.50 / session
  • $2.40 / min occupancy fee (starting 5 minutes after charging finishes)"
It's at 1026 N McEwan St in Clare, Michigan. Here are screenshots I took. WTF!?!?!

Attachments

• IMG_5242.jpeg
    IMG_5242.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5243.jpeg
    IMG_5243.jpeg
    47.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
At first, $0.20/kWh, plus $0.05/min parking fee from ChargePoint sounds pretty good. With my CHAdeMO adapter, an hour's worth of charging would be around 37kWh and run $13. Overall cost then is close to $0.36/kWh. With a CCS adapter, I would think that the cost / kWH will be a bit lower.

Curious.... Supercharger map shows this location as still being off-line (Open Q3 2023) but the photo of the Rivian mating with the ChargePoint is dated Nov. 2022. Plugshare has check-ins at the Superchargers going back to Oct. 2022. Maybe somebody is sleeping at the map at Tesla???

edit: Just went out to my car and checked the map. Redding (Sundial Bridge) shows up as open and $0.46/kWh. Double checked tesla.com/findus and it's not there; just a general pin location at the center of Redding showing the target opening date.

edit2: After some poking around here, I found this:
Known problem since at least Feb. 2023.

Last edited: