Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some assembly required...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We picked up our Pearl White 90D this morning at the factory. After driving home (wow!) via a friend's house to drop off the car it replaced, we got home and sorted through a few things.

The good news was that we got the nice center console which used to be an option. The bad news was that the DS just handed us a bag parts for the phone dock in the console as a DIY project. Some for an Android phone, some for the iPhone, and then on top of that the cable for the iPhone was defective (but by chance we discovered that before departing).

At home it took me about half an hour to figure out how to install the phone dock, route the cables, etc. and it required some small screwdrivers and not dropping the small screws into the vast cavity below. Kind of strange to come home with a new car and start off by trying to assemble the unfinished parts. The iPhone lightning connector is also mounted in a flexible mount so it takes two hands to line up the connector and push the phone into it. But once connected I can push the home button and then use Siri through the Tesla microphone/speakers.

I suggest you contact your DS and let them know what kind of phone you expect to put in the dock and explicitly ask them to install the dock properly for you.

And then I discovered the tires were low with only 41 all around, versus the recommended 45 so I'll take care of that tomorrow.

Great drive home about 70-80 miles. Such a smooth rocket! And when distracted by the controls on the flat panel, I used the autopilot to drive which is a bit counter-intuitive and something I'm not sure is necessarily a good habit.

We're clearly going to enjoy driving this car...

Even after delivery, your comments continue to be negative . . . Wow.

I told you not to get it . . . oh well. Try to provide something constructive once in a while.
Sorry, but I don't see a problem with @Boatguy's first impression. I for one appreciate opinions here, especially ones attempting to be balanced as I took this to be. My take-away was four things:
  1. A relatively new forum member got their new 90D. Great. CONGRATS!
  2. A warning about the new console: That was new news to me, and seems to be something the DS or SC should have asked about in advance, or taken care of at delivery before the new owner left. I didn't know the new console is standardly delivered (or is it?) in a not-quite-complete manner. The original MS console was ordered specific to iPhone or Android, and mine was installed complete, ready-for-use, before delivery.
  3. Wrong tire pressure is a problem. A clear miss IMHO by the SC on their delivery checklist -- at least here in CA, where since 2010 it is required-by-law that at every service, tire pressure must be checked, documented, and delivered back to the owner as factory recommended.
  4. ...and then several positives: great drive home; amazing 17" that was initially distracting (I think it is to most new owners -- certainly was to me); a first impression of Autopilot which I also believe takes a little time to get used to as most of us have never had a vehicle with something similar before; and his concluding statement that they are clearly going to enjoy their MS.
I think it's time to chill and have a great day! ;)