Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some Autopilot features gone after update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a new 2021 LR MY w/FSD. The software updated this morning to v10.2 (2020.44.25). I previously had “navigate on autopilot” clicked on, but now it shows it grayed out and says it’s “not supported in current region”. Ditto with “traffic light and stop sign control” as well as “full self driving visualization preview.” Autosteer, Green traffic light chime and Summon (beta) are still showing as available. I’m in Austin, TX. Anyone else having this problem?

Sounds like one of those odd situations where software/hardware interop needs a kick. I suggest a full reboot and a power off reset. Be patient on the power off, touching nothing for at least three minutes before power up...

I held down both steering wheel buttons until it rebooted, but no change when I checked autopilot. Then I tried both buttons with the brake, and still no difference. Any other suggestions?

Reactions: CO_MY
I held down both steering wheel buttons until it rebooted, but no change when I checked autopilot. Then I tried both buttons with the brake, and still no difference. Any other suggestions?
Try the power off reboot. Go to the service screen and power off the car. Wait a few minutes (at least five), then power back on. You'll have to sit in the car for those five minutes because opening the door will cause the car to wake up.

Reactions: GeezerSquid
Did you also get the latest map update (2020.48-12628)? Maybe it is depending on that.

Or it could be the opposite, you did get the latest map update but now your software version is too old for that. Latest (AFAIK) is 2020.48.5.

Yes, my navigation data is NA-2020.48.12628. So why is my software not up to date if it just updated this morning? So confused. Loathe to reset to factory settings. Maybe I’ll submit for service. This is irritating. And TPMS hasn’t seen my rear left tire pressure for 3-4 days now. Thought it was the cold, but it seems glitchy. Fir a day it read the rear right tire as not reporting. Then went back to the left. Loved the idea of a car that gets software updates, but I’m starting to see the other side of it now.

I understand the NA-2020.48-12628 map update is around 6GB. My map is updating at a rate of around 150Kbs/second. Tried from several WIFI's and it's the same data rate. No problem, but the car shuts off after about 10 minutes and the update stops. How do I keep the car on so it can complete the update? I sat in the car today opening and closing the door for almost 2 hours to keep it on and managed to download about 1 GB. Are the update tries consecutive, or does it start from scratch each time I try to download? All my old maps "go to" spots no longer work. They shut that off.