TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Some Colorful Suggestions

Discussion in 'Roadster 2020' started by tonybelding, Aug 16, 2018.

1. tonybelding

tonybelding Active Member

I hope the new Roadster won't limit us to the usual monochrome palette. You know what I mean… Black, white, gray, silver. And a very lovely red, yes, but I feel like red shouldn't be the only actual "color" that we can get.

The original Roadster had some more vivid options, perhaps too vivid. I mean, "Very Orange" was very orange indeed, almost eye-searing. The yellow was pretty severe too. The converse was the weak Glacier Blue, which gave the impression of a lightly blue-tinted silver.

So here are my humble suggestions, taken from the pages of history and the most beautiful (to my eyes) car ever produced:

Corvette Bronze
    [​IMG]

Elkhart Green
    [​IMG]

And Bryar Blue:
    [​IMG]

• Like x 3
  2. aikisteve

aikisteve Member

You mean something like these?
    The signature red I mention on the car of the unveil is not going to be signature red, but probably "cherry red" from the original roadster. Anyways, that color, no matter what it is called, is stunning

3. tonybelding

tonybelding Active Member

His "cobalt blue" reminds me of my old Lotus Esprit V8.

[​IMG]

However, it's still a color I'm not crazy about, and I'd rather go for a lighter and less intense blue like the Bryar Blue Corvette. I don't really care much for super-intense, super-saturated colors. Toning them down a little seems to bring out the shape of the body better.

4. aikisteve

aikisteve Member

5. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

I'll take any colour, as long as they hurry up and build the bloody thing!
    (Nice pics, all- thanks!)

• Love x 1
  6. stevejust

stevejust T E S L A x (≡)

I hope they revive signature green.

<---- look at my Roadster in the avatar.

7. aikisteve

aikisteve Member

If they don't, than you can still wrap it in that color.

8. stevejust

stevejust T E S L A x (≡)

I can't. Tried to wrap the Model 3 in a matching Green. Tried Avery, 3M and one other vinyl manufacturer... none of them match the Tesla Signature Green.

Wound up doing the 3 in matte blue metallic.

9. bolosky

bolosky Member

Not only were there a lot of colors for the original Roadster, but Tesla would paint it any color you wanted for an extra fee. Someone got a copper colored Roadster, and someone else got one done with the special paint that changes color depending on the angle at which you're looking.

I realize the company is much larger now, but I wouldn't be surprised that at $200K (+ a hefty fee, no doubt), that they'd do the same thing for the new Roadsters.