Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some Colorful Suggestions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope the new Roadster won't limit us to the usual monochrome palette. You know what I mean… Black, white, gray, silver. And a very lovely red, yes, but I feel like red shouldn't be the only actual "color" that we can get.

The original Roadster had some more vivid options, perhaps too vivid. I mean, "Very Orange" was very orange indeed, almost eye-searing. The yellow was pretty severe too. The converse was the weak Glacier Blue, which gave the impression of a lightly blue-tinted silver.

So here are my humble suggestions, taken from the pages of history and the most beautiful (to my eyes) car ever produced:

Corvette Bronze
1970-Chevrolet-Corvette-Stingray-Convertible-.png

Elkhart Green
photo.php

And Bryar Blue:
Capture-2.jpg

You mean something like these?
The signature red I mention on the car of the unveil is not going to be signature red, but probably "cherry red" from the original roadster. Anyways, that color, no matter what it is called, is stunning

You mean something like these?

His "cobalt blue" reminds me of my old Lotus Esprit V8.

esprit_glass_roof.jpg

However, it's still a color I'm not crazy about, and I'd rather go for a lighter and less intense blue like the Bryar Blue Corvette. I don't really care much for super-intense, super-saturated colors. Toning them down a little seems to bring out the shape of the body better.

Not only were there a lot of colors for the original Roadster, but Tesla would paint it any color you wanted for an extra fee. Someone got a copper colored Roadster, and someone else got one done with the special paint that changes color depending on the angle at which you're looking.

I realize the company is much larger now, but I wouldn't be surprised that at $200K (+ a hefty fee, no doubt), that they'd do the same thing for the new Roadsters.

I like the old deep blue metallic as it's almost black on overcast days but obviously blue on sunny days. My wife likes the new metallic blue cause it always looks blue, so to each their own. Regardless of the color choices offered for the roadster, I'll end-up wrapping. I just wish we had more details when throwing down a deposit sight unseen. Wish they offered reservation holders a chance to see the prototype in person and capture some of this feedback. Even an online "ask me anything" session would be nice.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mr X