Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some customers are getting offer of $7500 off + 10k free miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who knows. Wonder if you went in on Dec 30 or 31, what kind of deal you may get on an inventory vehicle. May be surprised.
OR Possibly waiting until the spring time or sometime next year. Some people think the MY price will decrease on top of the tax incentive. No one knows, you just have to roll the dice and see what works best for you.

In my case, I thought about waiting till next year, however I have a trade in and my value will continue to decrease probably by the thousands next year and I have a Low interest rate It does not hurt that they are giving the tax credit as a point of sale now and the extra 10k SC miles which are important to me since I don't have home charging YET! So for me, it makes sense to pull the trigger even IF the price decreases a bit and I know I am missing out on the USS but will have to drive like I did int he 90's without sensors and be extra careful. At least there is a camera? that makes me feel better, not really but whatever! haha.

Reactions: Mike7564
There is plenty of room to cut prices further even with the tax credit, and I think that will be the likely reality next year. A Model Y LR was <$50k at the start of 2021 before the market went nuts.

Auto prices are part of the inflation metrics being watched by the Fed, and interest rates are likely staying high until prices like these continue coming down
There is NO way that the MY standard or long range will go to less than $50k. They will bring out the standard range and price in the $50's, I think and the long range maybe a few thousand below the current price now but remember the other brands are not going to decrease their prices. They increased them once they heard the tax credit and then you have to deal with stealerships and their d@mn markups..

It doesn't to me either, but I'm not an industry expert like Munro is. I just spent ten minutes to try to find the interview of him saying that. Still searching. Either way, the cost of making a Y is in the neighborhood of the high 30's. If Tesla had the same gross margin as Toyota and most of the others, they'd still make money at $40K for the Y and $35L for the 3.

When the Chinese companies start selling EV's in numbers in North America (and they will), Tesla is in trouble. Look at the production numbers of BYD and their market cap lately, then compared to Tesla. Then to Toyota, GM and Ford. You can buy a decent $25K EV in many parts of the world right now. Ahead of Tesla by many years already. There is a paradigm shift happening.
BYD is priced higher in the US (recent article on Electric) than the comparable Tesla and they have a very tiny profit margin which means they can't reduce price without losing money. Tesla has a large profit margin so they can cut price and still make money.

The auto industry has standard codes that define their vehicles. The Tesla Model Y has a Style code of UT. UT is for Utility vehicle. An SUV is a Sports Utility Vehicle so it seems it would qualify.

Reactions: WyoDude
Debating on buying a used 2022 MYP with 1,200 miles on it. It was built in early November 2022 and has the updated door trim and guessing the new comfort suspension. Also has USS which I'd rather not do without. They are asking asking $65ish for it. Debating on picking this one up or holding out into Jan/Feb to see what Tesla has up it's sleeve for 2023. I don't need the vehicle right now. Only negative waiting is the trade in value on my existing "Brittish SUV" vehicle will continue to drop like a rock.

Debating on buying a used 2022 MYP with 1,200 miles on it. It was built in early November 2022 and has the updated door trim and guessing the new comfort suspension. Also has USS which I'd rather not do without. They are asking asking $65ish for it. Debating on picking this one up or holding out into Jan/Feb to see what Tesla has up it's sleeve for 2023. I don't need the vehicle right now. Only negative waiting is the trade in value on my existing "Brittish SUV" vehicle will continue to drop like a rock.
It’s interesting. If you configure a new for 66k it shows deliver date Dec-march. So you would get $7,500 off. If you choose performance then it says Dec 2022 only. Even if you get a Perf, you’d only pay 62.5k plus 10k supercharging miles. All less than what you would buy used.

Reactions: cusetownusa
It’s interesting. If you configure a new for 66k it shows deliver date Dec-march. So you would get $7,500 off. If you choose performance then it says Dec 2022 only. Even if you get a Perf, you’d only pay 62.5k plus 10k supercharging miles. All less than what you would buy used.
There is no MYP inventory left and while it does say Dec. 2022 delivery if you build one now, it does not show the $7,500 discount or supercharging minutes are included. The whole no USS on new models right now is pushing me toward either buying slightly used or just waiting a few months to see what happens with pricing, EV credit, new features and how Tesla resolves the USS issue as well as seeing what the economy does.

There is no MYP inventory left and while it does say Dec. 2022 delivery if you build one now, it does not show the $7,500 discount or supercharging minutes are included. The whole no USS on new models right now is pushing me toward either buying slightly used or just waiting a few months to see what happens with pricing, EV credit, new features and how Tesla resolves the USS issue as well as seeing what the economy does.
Even if you go for the USS 2022 model, you will still end up no able to use them after Tesla transfer to Vision like disabling the old radar

I ordered my MY 7 seater in early-mid October. At the time, the estimated delivery date said Dec-Mar, but after about a week, it changed to “Dec 2022”, and has stuck with that estimated delivery date ever since. Is there anything at all I can do to expedite delivery at this point? I won’t qualify for the $7500 tax credit in 2023, so I’m highly motivated to take delivery in the next week.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
I ordered my MY 7 seater in early-mid October. At the time, the estimated delivery date said Dec-Mar, but after about a week, it changed to “Dec 2022”, and has stuck with that estimated delivery date ever since. Is there anything at all I can do to expedite delivery at this point? I won’t qualify for the $7500 tax credit in 2023, so I’m highly motivated to take delivery in the next week.
Nothing avail in your area in stock but you should maybe visit a service center and see if they happen to have anything, demo etc. and if so then maybe they can assign that vin to your order.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Nothing avail in your area in stock but you should maybe visit a service center and see if they happen to have anything, demo etc. and if so then maybe they can assign that vin to your order.
I checked local (and not-so-local) inventory on Thursday, lots of MY available but none with 7 seats.
So it might be worth calling service center? My app says “location” is the Burbank delivery center. I can call them. My plan was to call Tesla customer service, but I figured I wouldn’t get anywhere with that

For anyone that’s already taken delivery and received the credit. Either the $3750 or the $7500 how was the credit classified? A friend took delivery yesteday and was given paperwork so that when she does her taxes for 2022 she can claim the credit. Tesla just did it front end instead of waiting for IRS to give it to you. But if that’s the case there may be lots of people that could owe $ back later.

For anyone that’s already taken delivery and received the credit. Either the $3750 or the $7500 how was the credit classified? A friend took delivery yesteday and was given paperwork so that when she does her taxes for 2022 she can claim the credit. Tesla just did it front end instead of waiting for IRS to give it to you. But if that’s the case there may be lots of people that could owe $ back later.
It shows on my paperwork as a "Referral credit".

This sounds wrong. The tax credit is for deliveries beginning in 2023 only. When I got my $3,750 credit, it was that figure off the originally agreed price of the car (April price) and then the state tax was also reduced by the same amount. I don't know how anyone can qualify for the IRA tax credit a month early. Delivery date matters.

Reactions: Happy Hippo
We would like to see what "paperwork" in question they provided her, can you post it please? I don't believe this. A month early, come on..

Reactions: T333