Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some help with CupHead?

Riversurfer

Jul 11, 2019
Eugene Oregon
X-box controller being used. Game advances to the point where two avatars(?) are in a room. When the dialogue ends, the game no longer responds to any toggling or buttons, and won’t advance.

Misternt

Mar 8, 2019
Oregon
I'm having the same issue with a Nyko core controller. Seems like others are too. Hopefully an update will fix it. I'm not really excited to buy another controller especially since cuphead is only the first level. Same controller works great with BB2.

The Gray Foxx

Jun 22, 2019
Raleigh
I’m having an issue with Cuphead that is slightly different. It may be my controller. I have this cheap controller:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01KJS4ILY

when I launch cuphead I just get a black screen with a loading icon. If I unplug the controller it says “plug in a controller” but that’s all I get.

is this just an incompatibility? The controller works with other games.

MrPinrel

Dec 15, 2012
Miami
i had the same issue. my old microsoft xbox style controller would only work for some of the buttons.

i bought a PowerA xBox One controller on Amazon for $20 and it works fine.

Jul 15, 2019
Cincinnati
I’m having an issue with Cuphead that is slightly different. It may be my controller. I have this cheap controller:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01KJS4ILY

when I launch cuphead I just get a black screen with a loading icon. If I unplug the controller it says “plug in a controller” but that’s all I get.

is this just an incompatibility? The controller works with other games.
this was happening to me for a while. it would sit on the black screen and load and load and never do anything. recently, over the weekend, it just decided to start working again. not sure what's different.

Misternt

Mar 8, 2019
Oregon
I ended up just buying a Microsoft Xbox controller which are now down to $40 at Amazon,BestBuy or Walmart. Works great for cuphead.

Riversurfer

Jul 11, 2019
Eugene Oregon
CF6ADB05-D5E4-4174-8733-F99C6EFED8A1.jpeg
Using the same controller, and getting nowhere. Side note: also live in Oregon, and have the same color pm3. So I got that going for me.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC