Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some importers do sell Tesla in Brazil

jbcarioca

Feb 3, 2015
This one has been around for a while:
Keep Electric – Sales, Service & Support
They do have a video of a Model 3. It is a US Model that uses some adapter to the common Brazilian Mennekes 2 style EV charging.
It might be easier to import an EU native Tesla, all of which now have the EU standard CCS with Mennekes 2 base rather than the US SAE 1772. The EU vehicles would not need adapters in Brazil at all.

I have not yet contacted them or any other importer but I'm debating it since it seems Tesla will not soon deliver my 2016 Model 3 order for Brazil. They no longer accept those orders so that is a decent negative hint.

Does anyone else have any insight?

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy a Tesla in Europe with the temporary export plates that most countries allow? I have bought several in France using that system, which would make far more sense than buying a tax paid one to export.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC