Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some importers do sell Tesla in Brazil

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
J

jbcarioca

This one has been around for a while:
Keep Electric – Sales, Service & Support
They do have a video of a Model 3. It is a US Model that uses some adapter to the common Brazilian Mennekes 2 style EV charging.
It might be easier to import an EU native Tesla, all of which now have the EU standard CCS with Mennekes 2 base rather than the US SAE 1772. The EU vehicles would not need adapters in Brazil at all.

I have not yet contacted them or any other importer but I'm debating it since it seems Tesla will not soon deliver my 2016 Model 3 order for Brazil. They no longer accept those orders so that is a decent negative hint.

Does anyone else have any insight?

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy a Tesla in Europe with the temporary export plates that most countries allow? I have bought several in France using that system, which would make far more sense than buying a tax paid one to export.

This one has been around for a while:
Keep Electric – Sales, Service & Support
They do have a video of a Model 3. It is a US Model that uses some adapter to the common Brazilian Mennekes 2 style EV charging.
It might be easier to import an EU native Tesla, all of which now have the EU standard CCS with Mennekes 2 base rather than the US SAE 1772. The EU vehicles would not need adapters in Brazil at all.

I have not yet contacted them or any other importer but I'm debating it since it seems Tesla will not soon deliver my 2016 Model 3 order for Brazil. They no longer accept those orders so that is a decent negative hint.

Does anyone else have any insight?

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy a Tesla in Europe with the temporary export plates that most countries allow? I have bought several in France using that system, which would make far more sense than buying a tax paid one to export.

Hey man

It is way more expensive to bring a EU Tesla to Brazil than an US tesla, and it takes longer for it to arrive. Also, adapters in Brazil are already affordable and easily more than compensate for the price/time/stress difference.

Most car importers in Brazil are not specialized in Tesla and do not know about peculiarities that are essential to owning a Tesla in Brazil. Avoid unnecessary headaches.

I suggest you talk to Carwin @carwinoficial on Instagram or their website www.carwin.com.br

Hope it helps!