Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some insights on Robot tech Tesla Motors is using, NYTimes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know total number of robots in that factory?
enough to revolutionize American(all) car production!
and...German made robots...US is screwed(still):biggrin:

you can count the robots from the factory tour videos. i think they were all there but not fully operational. There are some in the stamping line and most are in the welding/assembly i think. + seat and roof robots. It looked like there were 2 main assembly lines for the frames but i could be wrong. Several robots work on each step in the body assembly and some of them do a few things - because they are AWESOME!

Z, that's not the scary part. Think about how many workers are in China's factories that are going to be displaced by robots within the next 5-10 years. Then what? When I mentioned this to a very intelligent fellow at a recent party, he said that every time in history, when there was too much human capital, it was used in warfare. So who will China go to war with to use up the human capital?

So who will China go to war with to use up the human capital?
Well. If I was China..i'd take out America then the EU..except China almost owns America so, just kick everyone out and take it - easy. 9/1 or something like that in population. At least 60% of the people around here are dumb as bricks and reproducing.eeek. to quote metallica -' kill 'em all ' I'm down to take a vacation in China while it's happening.

what we really need is an 'epidemic' man made or not.
stop saving so many lives people, there are other animals(and species) to share the space with too you know?

Last edited:
Z, that's not the scary part. Think about how many workers are in China's factories that are going to be displaced by robots within the next 5-10 years. Then what? When I mentioned this to a very intelligent fellow at a recent party, he said that every time in history, when there was too much human capital, it was used in warfare. So who will China go to war with to use up the human capital?
While it's a dark mindset, it's not surprising. It addresses two problems at once: "excess population" and "leveraging your assets effectively".

I'll hold off saying more because the abortion topic sprang to my mind and I can't say anything positive on the topic with China in the same sentence.

German made robots...
Why use German ones? There are Chinese robots out there, and production is on the rise. This company gone international already, with distribution and service center network across Asia. But there are others...
While China robotic companies primarily concentrated on huge domestic market, just like in the case of cars, export is growing too...

Would be nice to see some of these helping to produce Teslas...

China robots 1.jpg
China robots 2.jpg

Last edited: