TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Some Mind Blowing Facts About Tesla Motors

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by Zzzz..., Jan 18, 2013.

1. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Pretty cool, though a technicality.

Something I bet the folks there (and here) groan over. We've been hearing about the upcoming short squeeze for ages now.

Not all (if any) have solar panels yet, correct? Even if, it's a small (arguably unimportant) part. This makes it seem like the super chargers are powered by solar city.

I've always wondered about this anecdote. Did it break because the S was so strong, or did it break for some other reason and the S happened to be there and it formed its own myth?

2. Zzzz...

Zzzz... Member

I never even heard about that one!

Plus I wonder, if Tesla 3d most shorted stock, what are the top two? May be they also worth to take a look? :rolleyes: I should probably google it, but lazy:redface:

3. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

Didn't even have to Google it, the link or the article was right there, jeez, how lazy can you get :) I guess things have changed a bit, as they're now 9th....kind of a weird mix above them.

4. Qualchan

Qualchan Member

Since the former NUMMI factory in Fremont has 5.3 million square feet, Tesla should have Solar City cover that with solar panels instead of negotiating and building to situate them at all the supercharger sites. Their objective is to replace the aggregate supercharger usage with clean solar power and they've left open the option to place panels away from the actual SC stations, so the Fremont factory seems a good place to start. Tejon Ranch has solar panels installed; are there others? And the crush machine that supposedly broke didn't belong to NHTSA, but was a third party device, iirc. The "myth" morphing into legend is being helped along by certain journalists. :cool:

5. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

6. Zzzz...

Zzzz... Member

#7 Zzzz..., Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
    Off-topic:
    Skullcandy, #2 on that list, a top quality headphones producer, audio is superb for the form factor they are targeting (from personal experience). Company is profitable, P/E ~7, revenue shows steady grows, year 2012 should be around $270M, last year $232M, before that $160M, $118M, $80M. What not to like? But shorts might know better, idk. I might be missing something.

7. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

Agreed. I mean weird as in a diverse mix, not necessarily weird companies. I do take issues with Sodastream at #11, that really is strange, I remember the farting soda machine from about 20 years ago, I've no idea how that's making a come-back again!

8. Norbert

Norbert TSLA will win

Forbes article on Tesla: What Are Some Mind Blowing Facts About Tesla Motors?

New Forbes article on Tesla:

What Are Some Mind Blowing Facts About Tesla Motors? - Forbes