Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some more issues... Rear doors, rant and windscreen issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
:(:(
Just heard from the service centre: there’s a good chance I can pick it up to tomorrow. I’m not going to hold my breath though - it’s been 1 month and 2 days since I last saw it!

I am also worried that they won’t have fixed everything. I don’t think I will sleep well tonight.

Omg
I really hope it’s all done and dusted for you tomorrow...
I’ve just seen the status on my app and it shows completion for the 11th!!! :(:(:(

UPDATE

I collected the car yesterday. What a relief! I thought the day would never come.

We checked the car over and everything looked good, so headed-off home grinning with excitement.

After just 2 miles the smiles were wiped from our faces - a warning sign appeared on the screen saying “Power reduced”. It suggested exiting and re-entering the vehicle to restore operation, which we did, but to no avail. I thought I would also take this opportunity to install the latest software update, in case that helped, but again, to no avail.

So, 30 minutes after leaving the Service Centre, we were back again. It looks like replacing the blower fan has caused some high voltage / over-heating / coolant issues, but they haven’t got a clue why at the moment. When we left, in the loaner car, they were downloading the logs to find out more.

I am beyond fed-up now! Hoping to receive an update from the Service Centre and I don’t feel in the mood to chase them up.

UPDATE

I collected the car yesterday. What a relief! I thought the day would never come.

We checked the car over and everything looked good, so headed-off home grinning with excitement.

After just 2 miles the smiles were wiped from our faces - a warning sign appeared on the screen saying “Power reduced”. It suggested exiting and re-entering the vehicle to restore operation, which we did, but to no avail. I thought I would also take this opportunity to install the latest software update, in case that helped, but again, to no avail.

So, 30 minutes after leaving the Service Centre, we were back again. It looks like replacing the blower fan has caused some high voltage / over-heating / coolant issues, but they haven’t got a clue why at the moment. When we left, in the loaner car, they were downloading the logs to find out more.

I am beyond fed-up now! Hoping to receive an update from the Service Centre and I don’t feel in the mood to chase them up.
Oh nooooooo!!!! That’s terrible!!! 1 week on... any updates?

so just to address my initial post...
They did give me a new loaner and it was fantastic!
It was a new design model S with ref 67, it was not a performance but a dual motor one, with FSD!!!!!! That was really cool!!!
Only shame is I had it for a couple of days only :( but I sure did take a trip to the beach with the FSD :D:D:D
I wish I had more time to play with it...

I have collected my car yesterday (Tuesday) and they did a great job with a lot of my issues.
Until.... paint job was botched on front bonnet that one has a very visible (although it’s white!!!) orange peel and bubbles!!!
My bumper (they apparently didn’t do anything to it) has now A different colour/ paint effect (I’m suspecting is not my bumper) and deep scratches on it right at the front of the “nose”!!!
Started raining and my wipers seemed to be wiping on top of sand paper! Weirdest noise ever!!
And then all of a sudden visibility was not existent (think when it gets foggy in the car, but it’s actually not foggy, the demister was on and I tried to check if you could wipe it from the inside... but there wasn’t anything to wipe! It was kinda scary..)
Once I got home in the evening I inspect the windscreen and I can FEEL and SEE something on the windscreen (all over it). Have no clue what’s that... it feels like hairspray that has dried on a hard surface! Maybe top coat?! ( but is sprayed and all over the windscreen). :confused::confused::confused:
Waiting to hear from them in this... :confused:o_O

Oh nooooooo!!!! That’s terrible!!! 1 week on... any updates?

so just to address my initial post...
They did give me a new loaner and it was fantastic!
It was a new design model S with ref 67, it was not a performance but a dual motor one, with FSD!!!!!! That was really cool!!!
Only shame is I had it for a couple of days only :( but I sure did take a trip to the beach with the FSD :D:D:D
I wish I had more time to play with it...

I have collected my car yesterday (Tuesday) and they did a great job with a lot of my issues.
Until.... paint job was botched on front bonnet that one has a very visible (although it’s white!!!) orange peel and bubbles!!!
My bumper (they apparently didn’t do anything to it) has now A different colour/ paint effect (I’m suspecting is not my bumper) and deep scratches on it right at the front of the “nose”!!!
Started raining and my wipers seemed to be wiping on top of sand paper! Weirdest noise ever!!
And then all of a sudden visibility was not existent (think when it gets foggy in the car, but it’s actually not foggy, the demister was on and I tried to check if you could wipe it from the inside... but there wasn’t anything to wipe! It was kinda scary..)
Once I got home in the evening I inspect the windscreen and I can FEEL and SEE something on the windscreen (all over it). Have no clue what’s that... it feels like hairspray that has dried on a hard surface! Maybe top coat?! ( but is sprayed and all over the windscreen). :confused::confused::confused:
Waiting to hear from them in this... :confused:o_O
Sorry Blueskye, I missed your post.

It doesn't seem like either of us are having much luck!

Have you got to the bottom of the film on your windscreen? And have you spoken to Tesla about the outstanding issues?

I still don't have my car - it's been with them since 3rd June. However, they have given me a better loaner than the knackered Model S I had for the first 6 weeks: I now have a LR Model 3. They think they have identified the issue with my car but the replacement part was nowhere to be found in the whole of Europe.

To be fair, they are now updating me regularly, even though they don't have much to say, apart. from the missing part is on its way from the USA.

Moderator comment - merged back into original thread from "Tesla damaged my windscreen - Windscreen saga"

So some of you may remember that I’ve had a long lasting (almost 1 year now) saga with Tesla about my windscreen.

Please note windscreen was fine on delivery and all issues developed after they re-sprayed the car twice (as they messed it up the first time) and the front of the car plus the windscreen was covered in overspray and my saga begun.
( for a quick read skip the background and go to the part in bold).

BACKGROUND:

There was an issue with having Leopard type patterns on windscreen (external) when using the wipers. It would create poor visibility at night and when raining.
After 4 service visits where they said different things at each, at last they said they can’t see much of this defect (despite me and husband being adamant it’s very obvious) and then dismissed it to it being a manufacturing defect! 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
I almost gave up for a few months (about 5) until I saw someone else, very famous, having the same experience with same hoops and loops (and got theirs fixed - although they then sold their M3 as were disgusted by Tesla’s approach as he was sure that if he wasn’t famous and having a huge YouTube platform -in the millions- they wouldn’t have given him the time of day!). But after seeing a solution, I got new confidence and made another appointment.

Tesla weren’t happy but after lots of back and forth they took the car in for free.
They did a L1 detail (clay bar no polishing) and decided since before they couldn’t see the issue and now they could it was not their fault 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️. Ignoring the fact the issue has developed immediately (I let them know on the same day or the morning after) since they took the car in for the first service.

as soon as I collected the car, it was a sunny day and as the sun shines on the windscreen I saw the windscreen COVERED in a hundred scratches!!!! 😳😳😳 some where large and long and others were spider web like little and circular. They weren’t very deep but they were extremely obvious in good weather and they were everywhere!
As soon as I noticed (within 30 mins) I wrote an email letting them know of this and “tried” to capture the scratches - but that’s impossible. The email was acknowledged.
I have booked a new service appointment for my USB’s which don’t work and threw the scratches in there too while they are at it.

They then texted me saying they won’t entertain the windscreen anymore as the last time they deemed it was not a manufacturing defect.
I responded saying this was a separate issue caused by incorrect clay barring and referred to my email. No response.
I am so f*****g done (please pardon my french!).
I’m so tired of this silliness so much so that I’d rather get a new M3 with all the issues I’ve had if it wasn’t that it’s not a great time for another down payment 😒😒😒.

Can anyone give me advice?
Is there anything else I can do?

A windscreen replacement was quoted around a £1,000 from Tesla (OEM) and elsewhere up to £1,750! So that’s maybe not an option.

I went to a detailing place and got the windscreen polished which helped a lot with the leopard business (I asked Tesla to do just that, claybar + polish as that was what resolved the issue in the other case, but they refused to polish)..
(P.S. the detailing place is well known and I see all sorts of cars there including sporty Porsches, Rolls Royce and even Lambos, so they’re not new to high end cars).

However it only helped the very tiny scratches and the most of them are still there. I do want Tesla to just resolve it, since they caused the problem?!
what are my options here? Can they deny responsibility again despite they just did a service on the car that includes clay barring which is likely to scratch stuff if contamination is still on windscreen or paintwork? Especially since they skipped the polishing?

Last edited by a moderator: