Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some New Cybertruck Footage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually there is a red headed U-tube poster that does lots of Tesla content and seems to be accurate and focused on truth telling. He points out that the CT proto is based on an X chassis/ battery pack.

He even noted that the charging port on the CT proto was specifically an X charging port.

Of course, protos might just be protos and it might not mean much.

This guy:

I really enjoy his Tesla content.

Some people are really hung up on body on ladder frame vehicles being a requirement to call it a 'truck'.

I haul trucking company stuff (semi tires, tools, etc.) nearly daily in my truck bed but don't need significant towing or real off-road capabilities. So for me, the ladder frame isn't any sort of requirement. Just need to be able to haul some stuff, manage snowy mountain roads, haul dog & mountain bikes.

Actually there is a red headed U-tube poster that does lots of Tesla content and seems to be accurate and focused on truth telling. He points out that the CT proto is based on an X chassis/ battery pack.

He even noted that the charging port on the CT proto was specifically an X charging port.

Of course, protos might just be protos and it might not mean much.

He only has TWO questionable bits of evidence to support his Model X conspiracy theory:
  1. Model X in the center display
  2. Model X charging port
Both of which are more likely explained that (1) they're using the core software without any CT graphics yet, and (2) raiding the factory parts bin, which is what happens when you're building prototypes. I'll bet dollars to donuts that the CT is not a Model X in disguise.

If it's a Model X skateboard, the front suspension is entirely new because the front knuckle on an X can't accommodate more than a 30" tire, and those look like 33's or 35's

I would imagine a highway tire in the 32-3" range you normally see as a base setup on 1/2-tons would be the "range" setup and this 35" A/T setup we're seeing on mules will be an optional upgrade/range penalty

Last edited:
Reactions: Suns_PSD