Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some people...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20190811_130433520_iOS.jpg
I'm relatively new to the Tesla scene and superchargers in general, only having owned mine for a few months. Does this kind of inconsiderate crap happen often?

I arrived to a completely empty SC and plugged in. I was away for 5 mins, and I came back to find my charger was now being shared, instead of them using any of the 14 other stalls! Never saw the driver. I moved so I could charge faster.

Some people need some basic training. Or some life skills.

View attachment 440477

Had my first supercharger experiences this weekend, luckily didn’t have any like that! I used supercharging 5x and 2/5 I was alone, 1/5 was full, 2/5 had one other car, luckily not next to each other.

I arrived to a completely empty SC and plugged in. I was away for 5 mins, and I came back to find my charger was now being shared, instead of them using any of the 14 other stalls! Never saw the driver. I moved so I could charge faster.

View attachment 440477
If you arrived first you will not be throttled at all by the other car. If fact if you had stayed it would have taken them longer to charge!

I'm relatively new to the Tesla scene and superchargers in general, only having owned mine for a few months. Does this kind of inconsiderate crap happen often?
No, it’s rare.

I have Supercharged hundreds of times over the past 6 years and never seen anything that atrocious. One time in New Mexico I saw someone park slightly askew in a stall so that an adjacent stall was not usable. I pointed it out to the driver and he repositioned his car.

Reactions: TomB985

View attachment 440477
That's funny.....but you DO know that the car parking next to you will have absolutely no impact on your charge rate if you were there first?

View attachment 440474 I'm relatively new to the Tesla scene and superchargers in general, only having owned mine for a few months. Does this kind of inconsiderate crap happen often?

Wow, I haven't seen that level of douchebaggery, but I have seen full SC stations where people hook up and leave for a shopping excursion and stay put long after their charge is complete. Experienced that yesterday at the Issaquah, WA SC station, across from Fred Meyer. 100% full station (so I couldn't charge); a quick glance indicated most were fully charged and just waiting for their owners to return from shopping at Fred Meyer's or Best Buy...