Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some (possibly) new thoughts after a month with a M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting final observation. Maybe temporarily turn regen to low to see if things improve?
Interesting final observation. Maybe temporarily turn regen to low to see if things improve?

I am sure that this is to do with the brake regen! I have only had my M3P for a few weeks and had to switch regen to low as it was making me feel sick (and passengers).
With it on low there doesn't seem to be a problem, however I haven't done anymore than 1 hour journeys upto now

• Love
Reactions: Bobly
I am sure that this is to do with the brake regen! I have only had my M3P for a few weeks and had to switch regen to low as it was making me feel sick (and passengers).
With it on low there doesn't seem to be a problem, however I haven't done anymore than 1 hour journeys upto now
Family feeling sick in my M3 as well. I think because it is far too tempting to accelerate quicker than i normally wouldd after stops.

Im surprised the OP is so happy with auto wipers... have you ever driven in the dark in drizzle? It doesn't work.

At least voice commands for the wipers are (mostly) functional now.

Im surprised the OP is so happy with auto wipers... have you ever driven in the dark in drizzle? It doesn't work.

That's pretty much why I added it. I'm surprised too. On collection they didn't perform well at all but since the update to 2019.40.1 I haven't had any issue with them on auto and yes, I drive in the dark and drizzle (This is the UK after all).
They're not perfect, they can be slow to respond when there's a sudden flood of water (from driving through big puddles or vehicles going the other way doing the same) but in regular drizzle, rain, downpour, I'd say they are now par for the auto-wipers course, regardless of car and technology deployed.

I did think about noting that I hadn't tried Sport. I assume that reduces assistance even more which is why I hadn't tried it. Perhaps I need to give it a go.

I find it more precise, very "point and go" but like you don't really drive anything else now so I may be forgiving it a lot now that it's my only car. I went from Comfort to Standard to Sport in the first 20 mins of getting it, and never put it back.

My son (27) who drives a BMW M140i (also has had Golf R 7.5 and other fast cars ) took my M3 out for a blast with my settings on and came back white as a sheet (felt distinctly queasy ) and said the car would not be for him as he actually felt sick driving it ???
After changing regen to low and a few other tweaks he took it back out and said the difference was like 'night and day' and now he wants one.
Now you could argue that he got used to it (no noise, absurd acceleration etc.) but I would argue that thank goodness the car is so customisable that there are settings to placate all.

I suspect he simply got more used to the one pedal driving approach. (Resorting to reduced regen is an admission of failure in my book!) Once you develop the sensitivity for lifting off the accelerator there's no reason why high regen should make things any less smooth than low regen. Same thing with Chill mode IMHO ... only required if you have no sensitivity in you right foot ... you can drive just as slowly and smoothly without it.

• Disagree
Reactions: Obliter8 and Joelly
I suspect he simply got more used to the one pedal driving approach. (Resorting to reduced regen is an admission of failure in my book!) Once you develop the sensitivity for lifting off the accelerator there's no reason why high regen should make things any less smooth than low regen. Same thing with Chill mode IMHO ... only required if you have no sensitivity in you right foot ... you can drive just as slowly and smoothly without it.

You are entirely entitled to your opinion. But as regards admission of failure statement why is this so ? thank god we are all different and if this is a way for my son to accept and embrace the full EV experience then I fully endorse it. I dont feel the need to on a public forum to decry other peoples experience as a failure or otherwise. No sensitivity in your right foot is another stupid statement inferring that he was mashing the pedal then lifting off, without knowing circumstances or the people involved, please keep your inane comments and findings to yourself, unless it is pertinent or helpful.

You are entirely entitled to your opinion. But as regards admission of failure statement why is this so ? thank god we are all different and if this is a way for my son to accept and embrace the full EV experience then I fully endorse it. I dont feel the need to on a public forum to decry other peoples experience as a failure or otherwise. No sensitivity in your right foot is another stupid statement inferring that he was mashing the pedal then lifting off, without knowing circumstances or the people involved, please keep your inane comments and findings to yourself, unless it is pertinent or helpful.

A smiley or two may have better conveyed a degree of tongue in cheek in my post. Check out your own paragraph and then decide which one of us being the more offensive!

A smiley or two may have better conveyed a degree of tongue in cheek in my post. Check out your own paragraph and then decide which one of us being the more offensive!

How do you feel that I was being offensive when directly replying to your comments regarding my initial post which were in itself silly.
Smileys or not your comments were not called for.
In fact I dont need an answer or discussion about this lets just leave it. Thanks.

I had this when we borrowed an i3 for a day, certainly wasn’t due to rapid acceleration! :)

Once we realised we both felt quite queasy and when the penny finally dropped that you don’t really get the same coasting on lifting off the accelerator and tried to adapt it got much better.

Reactions: Obliter8