Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some questions after 2 months ownership

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spot on. This is what I have experienced works in my M3:

Disengaging AP but not TACC:

* Turning the wheel past autosteer resistance
* Indicating to change lanes
* Not touching the wheel until autosteer has a fit and automatically disengages, banning you from using it for the rest of that drive (harsh!)

Disengaging both AP and TACC:

* Touching the brakes
* Pushing the right stalk up once

To add, if you're on the motorway and want to change lanes on AP, indicate, start to turn against the resistance, tap the right stalk up and AP will disengage, whilst TACC stays on. You can then change lanes and double tap the right stalk down to re-engage AP, without TACC changing at all. No feet required.

Yup, I think I remembered incorrectly. No need to touch the right stalk. push up against the resistance, indicate, wait for the resistance to go, as AP disengages, then complete the lane change and re-negage AP.

I do it without thinking now. I'll try to consciously remember what I do tonight.

Luke

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
Ok, so I did some testing on this yesterday... sending messages worked when I'm in Park and connected to WiFi (parked on my drive, connected to home WiFi). Once I drive away, I can receive messages, but not send/reply.

So, it stands to reason that if I connect to my mobile hotspot whilst driving, I should be able to reply (which seems unnecessary since I'm able to receive the message without being connected via mobile hotspot) - I would have tried yesterday, but my journey was so short by the time I connected, I had already arrived and then lost interest in seeing the experiment through 😅

Will try again later today and report back....