TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Some questions before buying private party

Discussion in 'Model S' started by disowned, Aug 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. disowned

disowned Member

Looking at buying from private party couple questions...

Who would I or can I even contact someone at Tesla to confirm what options are on a particular VIN? Seller seems clueless and I would like to confirm options and also confirm that what he told me about being software locked at 60 is true.

Also wanting to see if eligible for ESA.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

The seller should be able to log into his/her MyTesla account & pull up their order agreement. That will have all the options listed on it. Ask them for a copy of that document.

I believe the seller needs to purchase the ESA and then transfer to you. But you should confirm that (and status of locked software) with your nearest Tesla Service Center.

3. disowned

disowned Member

What year did the software locked 60s come out? Is 2014 too early?

4. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

Not until 2016. The original 60s have nosecone. The software locked 60s are the newer style front.

5. ev-now

ev-now Member

Yes too early. I would be cautious of a Tesla owner who doesn't know much - I'd suggest that is very unusual, especially for an earlier vehicle. My experience is Tesla are not great on handing out information, so Bonnie has the right idea, get them to pull up the docs in MyTesla.