Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some questions for recently delivered Performance owners…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking about trading my 2020 LR Y for a 2022 Y Performance and have some questions for people that recently took delivery, like May, June, July time frame…. Could you also add the approximate VIN range you are

I know anything can change at any moment, but just trying to get a feel of what the last 60 to 90 days has been like…

Are you CCS charge support enabled?

Do you have heated steering wheel?

Do you have the AMD chip for the MCU?

Matrix headlights?

Do you know your actual battery capacity? (ScanMyTesla etc, I believe Performance vehicles used to be about 82kWh)

Then some general build quality questions. I guess I'm less concerned about panel gaps, I had a 2019 Model 3 and now a 2020 Model Y, I know the panel gaps and can live with it... BUT, rattles and creaking sounds drive me insane. I know the center console is a big area that creaking sounds can come from (you can lean your leg against the console and the sound will stop, etc) and the rear seats often make some rubbing/creaking sounds.

Finally, anyone know if 19" Gemini wheels still fit on the Performance cars? I have a set with winter tires on that I would ideally like to keep using...

I took delivery in March (2022), so I am outside your time frame just a bit, but....

Q. Are you CCS charge support enabled?
A. it says on my screen the car (wifes car actually but..) is CCS enabled so, yes, but I havent bought an adapter for it

Q. Do you have heated steering wheel?
A. Yes

Q. Do you have the AMD chip for the MCU?
A. Yes (and the lithium 12V battery which is actually 15v I believe).

Q. Matrix headlights?
A. Yes

Q. Do you know your actual battery capacity? (ScanMyTesla etc, I believe Performance vehicles used to be about 82kWh)
A. Didnt calculate it, and I am not a scan my tesla etc user. My wife is basically an around town driver, so this car lives charged between 50-70%. I drive it into the office at least a couple times a month (80 miles round trip) but havent checked 100% charge except for delivery day which was whatever these cars are rated at.

My wifes car is pretty rattle free, with the exception of it sometimes rattling / rubbing around the passenger seatbelt area. Her car is also quite a bit quieter and built better than my 2018 model 3P from the wind noise department. No idea about the 19s, I just kept the uberturbines the car came with.

I took delivery in March (2022), so I am outside your time frame just a bit, but....

Q. Are you CCS charge support enabled?
A. it says on my screen the car (wifes car actually but..) is CCS enabled so, yes, but I havent bought an adapter for it

Q. Do you have heated steering wheel?
A. Yes

Q. Do you have the AMD chip for the MCU?
A. Yes (and the lithium 12V battery which is actually 15v I believe).

Q. Matrix headlights?
A. Yes

Q. Do you know your actual battery capacity? (ScanMyTesla etc, I believe Performance vehicles used to be about 82kWh)
A. Didnt calculate it, and I am not a scan my tesla etc user. My wife is basically an around town driver, so this car lives charged between 50-70%. I drive it into the office at least a couple times a month (80 miles round trip) but havent checked 100% charge except for delivery day which was whatever these cars are rated at.

My wifes car is pretty rattle free, with the exception of it sometimes rattling / rubbing around the passenger seatbelt area. Her car is also quite a bit quieter and built better than my 2018 model 3P from the wind noise department. No idea about the 19s, I just kept the uberturbines the car came with.
Fantastic info, thank you!

Hoping to hear from a couple other people still...

F488XXX, picked up in June.

Are you CCS charge support enabled? - Yes
Do you have heated steering wheel? - Yes
Do you have the AMD chip for the MCU? - Yes
Matrix headlights? - Yes
Do you know your actual battery capacity? No clue.

No creaks or groans. Gaps are good. No complaints.

Reactions: acarney
F449, picked up on June 3rd, built late May.

Matrix headlights? - Yes
Do you know your actual battery capacity? No.

Had some clicks from rear seatbelts against sides, but fixed with seatbelt standoffs from Etsy.

Have occasional vibration from inside the dash but can’t duplicate with frequency.

Spoiler did not have adhesive tape at the ends so the ends deflect a bit. Tesla has since replaced it and it is secure.

Fit and finish fine overall and I’m enjoying the car overall.

Actually going to change wheel and tires to 19” wheels and Michelin A/S 4 tires tomorrow. Specs are pretty much same as factory Geminis. MYLR wheels and tires will definitely fit MYP.

F449, picked up on June 3rd, built late May.

Matrix headlights? - Yes
Do you know your actual battery capacity? No.

Had some clicks from rear seatbelts against sides, but fixed with seatbelt standoffs from Etsy.

Have occasional vibration from inside the dash but can’t duplicate with frequency.

Spoiler did not have adhesive tape at the ends so the ends deflect a bit. Tesla has since replaced it and it is secure.

Fit and finish fine overall and I’m enjoying the car overall.

Actually going to change wheel and tires to 19” wheels and Michelin A/S 4 tires tomorrow. Specs are pretty much same as factory Geminis. MYLR wheels and tires will definitely fit MYP.
Seatbelt standoffs from Etsy?

The wifey is gonna be stoked as her car's gonna get Steam soon.

Since we both play games, thats pretty awesome (lmao). All kidding aside, even if this is available we probably wouldnt use it in the car since we are both console gamers, but it certainly doesnt bother me the way some people go on about "tesla should pay more attention to XXXXXXXX. #$!#$!!111111!!!!!"

Since we both play games, thats pretty awesome (lmao). All kidding aside, even if this is available we probably wouldnt use it in the car since we are both console gamers, but it certainly doesnt bother me the way some people go on about "tesla should pay more attention to XXXXXXXX. #$!#$!!111111!!!!!"
Connect a game pad to the car and it's pretty close to a console. I wouldn't ever seek out playing on it, but 30 minute supercharger visit, maybe.

I really wish it had multiplayer support with at least other Tesla cars or in general. That would be a lot of fun, even if they were less than real time type games (think board games, card games, and turn based games).

Yea, its pretty cool. The move to AMD is actually multi pronged as it not only gets you a current gen cpu/gpu, but access to all the IP, Mantle, Vulkan, Steam, talk about synergies. It's also cool to have access to your Steam account for those long waits, charging or what not. And yea as mentioned keep a controller in the glovebox.

The ones I got from Etsy were like these, but very well made and was actually sold by a member from this forum, unfortunately the listing is gone and I’m not sure if he’ll be selling any more…

Since game play was talked about, I have to note that the USB-C ports in the center console no longer supports data and only charges. I’m sure the guys who has the car knows already. I installed this part to bring the data functionality back and now I can hook up game pads to the car for game play: Console Data Transmission Module

So if I understand correctly, Tesla is adding gaming features to the car but removed the option to plug in a controller?

Surely I’m missing something here. Are we supposed to open the glovebox and remove the dashcam usb to plug in there? And leave the glove box open on the passengers knees while playing?

Tried the games when they first launched around 2019. The console controller I tried didn’t work so I gave up and never touched the game menu since. Would be a shame if our new MYP has the new ryzen chips and new games but can’t actually play anything.

(Note to the post above: Linked website says that vehicles delivered in June and later are missing another cable which makes the usb data upgrade impossible.)

I could be wrong since I’m coming from a ‘21 Y SR with the old console. Please advise.

I feel like I've seen some comments about bluetooth controller support... I don't know if it's possible but not activated yet, or rumored, or what. That MIGHT be a solution though and I would think someone was thinking about that since they clearly are still looking at games as being a big features (cue the comments about Steam coming soon).

That said... could just be S/X that's getting the love. I can't really picture many steam games working on the 3/Y even with Ryzen if we don't have the same dedicated graphics chip that the S/X has and so far I've seen no indication that we do...