Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some quick thoughts on the ID.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks a lot for the review and pics. Thought you did a great, fair and honest review.
We need a 4x4 for farm work and towing, so for now stuck with a diesel pickup.
But have a M3LR coming soon to replace our 40kwh leaf, which to be fair has been great, but want more range.
Since I can only really justify the 1 car it had to be the M3LR.
But I've stopped using the 4x4 for everything but essential 4x4 work, because I love driving electric. (Also 'free' electric on the farm helps).

I would have possibly gone for the ID3, but I generally have a dislike for German cars and felt the ID3 was not a finished product. Although I have to say it does look good in your photos, particularly on the outside, I rather like it....

worst car we ever owned was a Renault (Scenic)

It's tough when you've had a bad experience especially if it brings you into unharmonious dealings with a dealership or manufacturer's rep.

By chance I also have a Renault Kadjar and also reckon that is quite reasonable. If it wasn't for a very accommodating service contact with my local dealership I expect I would be singing a different tune!

Kyle Connor from Out of Spec had nothing but good things to say about the ID.4, which is what we'll get in the U.S. Once VW/Audi sorts out their software/app issues, they'll have compelling alternatives. Tesla still has the advantage on battery tech, range and the Supercharger network is still a huge factor for long distance hauls. I've always been a fan of VW build quality, though.

Thanks for the review. Really good to hear from an end user and someone who already has EV experience. I think that the feedback of EV users is critical to other manufacturers like VW because, we've already seen what's good and what's not.

I'm really interested in what you've said about the UI because my other half, similarly to your wife, doesn't like a really intricate system. If I were to look at a 2nd EV for her, which is likely to happen for her next car, then I would seriously consider the ID3 - but the UI is a proper concern for me. she would hate it

Thanks for the review. Really good to hear from an end user and someone who already has EV experience. I think that the feedback of EV users is critical to other manufacturers like VW because, we've already seen what's good and what's not.

I'm really interested in what you've said about the UI because my other half, similarly to your wife, doesn't like a really intricate system. If I were to look at a 2nd EV for her, which is likely to happen for her next car, then I would seriously consider the ID3 - but the UI is a proper concern for me. she would hate it
Strangely she's coping with it better than me! But her expectations and usage are quite different to mine so the main screen and a few landing places from there are enough for her. Biggest issue for her so far is that the mobile app is VERY basic and relaying of commands to the car is very hit and miss. I'm sure this will be fixed in time.

Reactions: stonecoldrmw