Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some Sig X owners have scheduled delivery dates in December 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honestly, I feel a small responsibility not to contribute to speculation - when I know the time I'm leaving for the factory to pick up my car, I'll post :).

If I give a target date and that date passes, you know people will speculate like crazy. I'm just doing my best to stay out of that.

Hear Hear... I am with you on this. Post a pic when you get it, otherwise you will have to beat off the gawkers as you try to drive away from the delivery.

That post references pictures up on PlugShare. Here are those pictures. ...

What's this?

ModelXWheelPartial.png

Curb rash? Sticker? Something else?

Tires and rims have "balance points". Either a red or yellow dot. Tires and rims are seldom perfectly round or perfectly in balance. So there are identifiers that indicate the light or heavy point of balance. You will see either a red or yellow dot on the new tires as well.

Some of you might have read on the Facebook feed, but I am the (future) owner of the red sig in NY. Was pretty bizarre to learn my car was there from a thread on the forum!
I went to the SC today and they let me see the car but not sit in it, as it still has no software and they didn't want anything to malfunction. It's great to see that it's actually here and within reach. They said it still had to go through final inspection and software install which will take around a week and can firm up delivery after that. So fingers crossed they will be able to get it to us by the end of the year.
There was one more sig red, 22"s, black seats there. I asked the vin and he said 647. I am finding the wait easier now that it isn't some abstract thought, but actually here near me. Soon!!

I agree with Bonnie about not publishing a "soft" date, but I can say that I've received the same soft date as her (they plan on delivering Sig 1 and 2 together). It appears that many cars are being pre-positioned at other delivery points, but their delivery dates are expected to start after ours.

So...if #2 is ready and waiting for pickup this weekend is #1 being delivered today? or has been already?

Some of you might have read on the Facebook feed, but I am the (future) owner of the red sig in NY. Was pretty bizarre to learn my car was there from a thread on the forum!
I went to the SC today and they let me see the car but not sit in it, as it still has no software and they didn't want anything to malfunction. It's great to see that it's actually here and within reach. They said it still had to go through final inspection and software install which will take around a week and can firm up delivery after that. So fingers crossed they will be able to get it to us by the end of the year.
There was one more sig red, 22"s, black seats there. I asked the vin and he said 647. I am finding the wait easier now that it isn't some abstract thought, but actually here near me. Soon!!
So cool! Congrats. The first Model Xes are in NY!