Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some Sig X owners have scheduled delivery dates in December 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ha, I have seen at least one photo of a gas vehicle with that plate. Wonder if it was yours. Must get some people pointing & taking pics.

It's on a blue Honda Civic.

Unfortunately, it's on a standard passenger plate. The X is replacing a hybrid that has grandfathered clean special fuel plates that allow travel in HOV lanes. I need to get the CSF plate moved to the X (easy) and then the personalized combination moved (more difficult) without losing the old plate with HOV privileges (hard). Worse, in VA the local DMV can't handle the CSF tags; it's all done in Richmond, and I haven't had much luck getting someone on the phone down there to figure out the best way to accomplish this. If I lose the grandfathered tags my wife will kill me.

Not being funny - but I never really understand this thing about "test drives". I never bother......as long as there is headroom then I buy/order the car without testing. Done that with Porsches, Hondas, Volvos, Mercs etc over the years. You know it's gonna have 4 wheels and a steering wheel.

In the case of the Tesla X I really dunno why anyone would need a test drive.

Not being funny - but I never really understand this thing about "test drives". I never bother......as long as there is headroom then I buy/order the car without testing. Done that with Porsches, Hondas, Volvos, Mercs etc over the years. You know it's gonna have 4 wheels and a steering wheel.

In the case of the Tesla X I really dunno why anyone would need a test drive.
I don't really need to drive it. However since the middle seats don't fold flat, I do need to see it in person so I can tell if the dogs will fit in the back.

I don't need to drive it either. However, I do want to use the doors in my garage, and would like to compare 6- and 7- seat configurations (though I'm pretty settled on 6). Once I'm convinced the doors work for me, I'll probably be good. The drivetrain and driving experience is actually the one thing I'm positive I want!

It seems like we can extrapolate that there will be at least ~700 X's delivered by end of year!
With this vin 62x and the 6xx vin in Florida seems "inevitable".

I don't think we can extrapolate those numbers just yet. There are examples of confirmed orders between 200 and 400 who haven't heard anything concerning delivery. Just because VIN 62x will be delivered doesn't mean all VINs below it were delivered already.