TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Some songs can't be played due to special characters in song name

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by AndreN, Mar 3, 2013.

1. AndreN

AndreN Member

I ran into a weird issue when trying to play Green Day's album "21st Century Breakdown" in my Model S. Tracks 4 and 12 weren't there. I thought I'd somehow not ripped or copied them, but when I put the thumbdrive in my PC, I saw the tracks were there. The next thing I noticed is the track names are "¡Viva la Gloria!" and "¿Viva la Gloria? (Little Girl)". Obviously there's some kind of issue where Tesla's software is rejecting songs with certain characters like "¿" in the title. Removing the characters allowed me to play the songs. What's the best way to report this to Tesla - email "ownership"?

2. kendallpb

kendallpb Model S: P 8061

That's what I would do; I've e-mailed a couple of suggestions/bugs to them in the past (not with music playing) and they said they'd pass them along.

3. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Almost all my songs show XXXXX instead of text. However, the only ones that don't play (so far) are the ones which are lossless (which is expected).