Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some Spotify songs grayed out - not playable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed that when I go through my albums using the car's UI, some of them are not playable. The songs are listed, but are grayed out. I can play other albums just fine.

The grayed out albums appear normal and can be played on other devices running Spotify.

Has anyone encountered this before?

Thanks!

I’ve had this same problem. Only thing I could figure was that the only songs available (not grayed out) are the songs I have downloaded on my phone. I am logged in with the same account on both phone and car. This is definitely not the way it should work. I generally do not like the Spotify functionality in the car.

There are several settings that might be affecting that... but I can't find where those settings are on the car. So you'll probably have to go into the settings in your phone, and play with them. I remember seeing several options than I enabled them without knowing what they were. Ha ha. But sounded like it was better to have them on. I also played with the EQ a little, to raise highs, and lower bass. But it's not necessary for the superb Tesla sound system.

By the way, my wife was annoyed that the Spotify account doesn't change with the profile. You actually have to log out physically, and log back in with the new ID.

I haven't quite figured it out, but I'd say in general the Spotify integration is pretty bad. It seems to work best to just search for music using the voice commands. It will play things that way that I can't play by tapping around.