Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some Superchargers found

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems like Tesla filed a bunch of electrical permits on 5/16. Over at TM.com in the state of Washington section, they found permit applications and locations for SCs in Burlington and Centralia.
I was inspired by that and did some searching and found http://permits.leegov.com/tm_bin/tmw_cmd.pl?tmw_cmd=StatusViewCase&shl_caseno=ADD2013-00058
which is for a SC in Ft. Myers, FL. It's at a shopping mall (one which was rumored before).

In case it's of any use, here is a link for all of the malls owned by that company (all over the country):

CBL : Great Shopping Places : By State

Maybe there was a multi-location deal.

It seems like Tesla filed a bunch of electrical permits on 5/16. Over at TM.com in the state of Washington section, they found permit applications and locations for SCs in Burlington and Centralia.
I was inspired by that and did some searching and found http://permits.leegov.com/tm_bin/tmw_cmd.pl?tmw_cmd=StatusViewCase&shl_caseno=ADD2013-00058
which is for a SC in Ft. Myers, FL. It's at a shopping mall (one which was rumored before).

In case it's of any use, here is a link for all of the malls owned by that company (all over the country):

CBL : Great Shopping Places : By State

Maybe there was a multi-location deal.

Hi Ron,

Nice find!

Larry

LOL. Yeah, this is more fun. I spent some time today trying to find one in Oregon. Dang it, I have a trip to CA in two weeks, and I want to figure out which car to take, what hotels to stay in, etc.

Actually I'm confident I'll have to charge solely at L2 for the June trip. But I'm still holding out hope (though it lessens by the day) that some of the Superchargers will be online before TESLIVE in July...

More Northeast (CT) Supercharger Locations

Hi All

Had heard a rumor that there would be more superchargers in Darien CT (right next to Stamford CT) on I95 at the North & Southbound service areas that are currently under renovation. Northbound side is further along than the southbound and I pass it a few times a week and nothing noticeable -- until today....

As I passed by, I clearly saw 2 that are finally being built. The concrete base and metal frame are in place (no exterior white metal that says Tesla yet) - and are unmistakably Superchargers. They are in the same location and look exactly like they do in Milford, CT on the Southbound side.

I am *sure* that as soon as the Southbound area is further along, there will be 2 there as well. A few weeks ago at the Westport, CT EV Road Rally, I met an executive from the CT DOT that stated as much! Although only 25 miles further south along I95 from Milford, one would think it wouldn't make sense that Tesla put them there as well - but it does reduce the distance between the Milford, CT and Newark, DE Superchargers from 205 miles to 180 miles. Much more comfortable for people with 60kWh batteries. The DOT exec said they are welcoming Tesla with open arms and want CT to be more EV friendly....

Also on the Merritt Parkway in Greenwich, the 2 service areas (north/south) are being completely renovated as well. Other rumors put Superchargers there too.... I pass by those locations often too and will continue to be on the lookout!

If it were possible to stop somewhere and take pictures, I would - but there is nowhere safe to pull over...

Aaron

Last edited:
Isn't that kinda close to the Milford one? Actually, I heard last night that one of the challenges Tesla has been having is finding enough dedicated parking spaces to allocate to their charging bays. Retailers generally do not oversize their parking lots (if anything they undersize them), so there actually isn't a lot of parking lot real estate lying around just waiting for Tesla to come by.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone made a zeemap of the chargers yet? If not, perhaps we should and add in those that were discovered through these boards.

That's a good idea - you can incorporate these ones too: http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/rumored-supercharger-locations?page=3

Drove through Yuma, AZ Tuesday and scouted the Yuma Palms development. To my surprise (my first visit to Yuma) this shopping complex is huge and has everything. Reminded me of the Barstow installation. If it goes there, it won't be easy to find, but there'd be plenty to do. Fingers crossed.

As I continued east on I-8 towards Tucson, passed by what is allegedly the largest solar generating facility in the world, Solana Generating Station, with a capacity of 280 MegaWatts. Located in Gila Bend, AZ, and would be a cool place for a Superchager. 280 MW ought to be enough!

Located in Gila Bend, AZ, and would be a cool place for a Superchager. 280 MW ought to be enough!

Gila Bend has always been our gasoline stopping place when coming from San Diego. And, they have always had a Dairy Queen or Foster's Freeze or somesuch. And of course, they have the can't-miss Space Age Motel, with a naturally heated pool (think: geothermal sauna) and hotel rooms that feature HOT and HOTTER water at the faucet, and the pleasure of freight trains rumbling by right outside at all hours day and night. But it's right out of the 50's Space Age so it's cool.

Gila would be a perfect place for a supercharger. Lots of folks coming from Interstate 8 go thru Gila to cut up to I-10 and Phoenix.

Drove through Yuma, AZ Tuesday and scouted the Yuma Palms development. To my surprise (my first visit to Yuma) this shopping complex is huge and has everything. Reminded me of the Barstow installation. If it goes there, it won't be easy to find, but there'd be plenty to do. Fingers crossed.

As I continued east on I-8 towards Tucson, passed by what is allegedly the largest solar generating facility in the world, Solana Generating Station, with a capacity of 280 MegaWatts. Located in Gila Bend, AZ, and would be a cool place for a Superchager. 280 MW ought to be enough!

Gila Bend has always been our gasoline stopping place when coming from San Diego. And, they have always had a Dairy Queen or Foster's Freeze or somesuch. And of course, they have the can't-miss Space Age Motel, with a naturally heated pool (think: geothermal sauna) and hotel rooms that feature HOT and HOTTER water at the faucet, and the pleasure of freight trains rumbling by right outside at all hours day and night. But it's right out of the 50's Space Age so it's cool.

Gila would be a perfect place for a supercharger. Lots of folks coming from Interstate 8 go thru Gila to cut up to I-10 and Phoenix.
Stop. Just stop. You're getting me too excited about the possibilities. Don't want to be disappointed.

Had heard a rumor that there would be more superchargers in Darien CT (right next to Stamford CT) on I95 at the North & Southbound service areas that are currently under renovation.

As I passed by, I clearly saw 2 that are finally being built. The concrete base and metal frame are in place (no exterior white metal that says Tesla yet) - and are unmistakably Superchargers. They are in the same location and look exactly like they do in Milford, CT on the Southbound side.

I am *sure* that as soon as the Southbound area is further along, there will be 2 there as well.

I drove past the Southbound Darien service area last weekend and saw what definitely appeared to be two Supercharger stations under construction. I was at the Tesla store in the Westchester this week (test drove and ordered a 85kw-- late June delivery) and asked the manager about Darien. He wouldn't confirm it but he didn't deny it either. He said we should be pleased by the forthcoming Supercharger announcement.

Isn't that kinda close to the Milford one? Actually, I heard last night that one of the challenges Tesla has been having is finding enough dedicated parking spaces to allocate to their charging bays.

Last Sunday afternoon traffic was absolutely horrendous on I-95 in CT (bumper to bumper for 50+ miles). About 5:30PM I pulled into the Millford southbound rest area and while the 2 Superchargers were not being used, they were inaccessible due to a car and truck being parked sideways in front of the spots. Being able to drive to the next SC in Darien would be preferable to having to get off at the next exit, get back on the northbound highway use the northbound service area and then having to drive to another exit to get back southbound (at least the exits are only 1 mile or so apart).

Hopefully TM will figure out a way to mark the SCs as available or in-use on the map or app so you can figure out if it makes sense to stop or drive on to the next SC.

Just paint the parking space red with a white Tesla logo, like a handicap space. People will feel more uncomfortable about parking in such a visible space, especially if they have no idea what it is for.

and then tesla owners get the red carpet treatment to boot :biggrin:

Also on the Merritt Parkway in Greenwich, the 2 service areas (north/south) are being completely renovated as well. Other rumors put Superchargers there too.... I pass by those locations often too and will continue to be on the lookout!

I drove by the Greenwich, CT Merritt Parkway service areas this AM (just over the NY border). They are total construction zones with a big pit in the ground where the gas pumps will go.

Even though the new Supercharger maps seem to show two dots in lower Fairfield County for June 2013 (giving credence to the Darien/Greenwich rumors), there is no way Greenwich will be done in a month. Also these service areas are way smaller than the Darien or Milford areas, with limited parking and no restaurants (just a quickie mart). Elon did say in yesterday's Supercharger presentation that SC's will also be covering alternate routes but I am not sure that this location makes a lot of sense. The White Plains service area on the Hutchinson River Parkway makes more sense (joint N/S access) but parking there is horrible as well.
he