Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some videos from YouTube about other manufacturers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So that explains your lack of knowledge re your assumptions about the cars. Do you think it's possible you might not also fully understand the testing program?

Ugh. I truly hate to play this 'well I'm this in my career' game, but it seems important to you. I'm a software engineer by training, have run a fairly large multi-displinary engineering organization, designing software-driven complex electro-mechanical critical systems. I ran quality and regulatory for a Fortune 100 company, which included software verification & validation teams and final design validation teams for Class II and Class III medical devices. That's not even touching on the regulatory functions I oversaw. I also paid for my own education, going back with a baby on my hip after walking out of a bad situation. I've supplied training to FDA investigators, teaching them how to properly evaluate V&V planning and results. I do know a little something about this field. Okay now?

Tesla's validation system / safety testing do not put people in danger, unless (like with any product) they believe they know better than the company. If I didn't believe that, I wouldn't own the car. And I sure wouldn't drive people around that I care about if I believed that.

I've interacted with the company for 7+ years. I have zero worries. You do not have any knowledge of what Tesla does, except what you find on social media. And that is not a source.

You're a software engineer ---- I do life safety systems for manufacturers (LONworks, Modbus+, BACnet)

I don't want to over generalize --- but the criticism of Tesla is that they approach their problems from a Silicon Valley approach as opposed to a real world approach

You do realize that there are many more lives at stake than the driver's? What about everyone else??? it's ok to endanger their lives?
Not sure if I should mute user or keep hitting disagree. Both are tempting. sad to see so much wasted time to inform you without effect. Feels like purposeful ignorance and/or agenda. Videos your posted are marketing, if your believe in that, im sorry to see such lack of critical thinking. Everything after that should have been ignored or simply disagreed by everyone by hitting the disagree button. It's very possible by the evidence in this thread that your education seem to have stopped once you graduated.

Not sure if I should mute user or keep hitting disagree. Both are tempting. sad to see so much wasted time to inform you without effect. Feels like purposeful ignorance and/or agenda. Videos your posted are marketing, if your believe in that, im sorry to see such lack of critical thinking. Everything after that should have been ignored or simply disagreed by everyone by hitting the disagree button. It's very possible by the evidence in this thread that your education seem to have stopped once you graduated.
You're right, of course.

I keep remembering a somewhat new electrical engineer that I called into my office & said 'You know, Jim, everyone you're working with was the smartest one in their class, too. You might want to slow down a bit and learn from your colleagues before telling everyone how smart you are.' The look of shock on his face was priceless. He'd never considered he wasn't still the smartest one in the room.

Happy to say that with maturity, he became a great engineer. :)

Reactions: SlicedBr3ad
I drive a Model X. My profile picture is correct. And I've never had water dump in on me. And it rains here a lot. No issues with snow, either. We get a bit of that, too.

UTX9LKM.gif

Why would I ever think there was an issue? Why would my silly mind ever think a Tesla Model X dumped water into its interior cabin?

Youtube???
And that right there is the problem with relying on social media sites. There is zero context. There are videos of all makes of cars misbehaving. Every manufacturer makes a car with problems. It happens. But masses with zero problems don't bother makingYouTube videos. We're out enjoying our cars.

Surely you know that searching YouTube doesn't give you a statistically correct sample. It's fun, I love YouTube. But I'd never think of YouTube as a reliable database on any topic.

Reactions: PeterK
And that right there is the problem with relying on social media sites. There is zero context. There are videos of all makes of cars misbehaving. Every manufacturer makes a car with problems. It happens. But masses with zero problems don't bother makingYouTube videos. We're out enjoying our cars.

Surely you know that searching YouTube doesn't give you a statistically correct sample. It's fun, I love YouTube. But I'd never think of YouTube as a reliable database on any topic.

I restate my original thesis: Tesla has staked out their own "area" which they test their "self driving" features, utilzing willing and payin customers

That model (Tesla's model) does not apply to other auto manufacutures --- Tesla's model is unorthodox and would not be accepted by normal automobile customers

Other automobile manufactures do not employ Tesla's model -- probably because they don't have an Elon Musk on hand to be the pretty face