Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some videos from YouTube about other manufacturers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pardon me --- I thought this was a public transportation forum....

But if you want to restrict the type of people who can access high speed transportation --- lets start that discussion now -- first question is who is eligible for full rights to driving, drivers' license, insurance benefits, etc ---- it's not all rainbows and unicorns

Let me post real s l o w for you. This is a Tesla enthusiasts forum. And you are in the Model 3 subforum. The Honda enthusiasts forum is down the hall on the left. I’m sure they have a thread somewhere that is all about how great Honda products are where you’ll get all the back slapping and atta boys you’re looking for.

I have now reported your trolling in the third thread you’ve started in an effort to provoke people here.

Feel free to start a thread in the correct subforum on the topic of eligible rights for drivers and driving privileges and how that relates to Tesla, but stop trolling.

Bonnie --- if you seek to discredit Honda as a quality manufacturer of any kind -- you have lost

snake - if you seek to discredit Tesla as a manufacturer that releases products without testing of any kind -- you have lost.

I am using AP everyday and it works grrrreeeatt. And that wont happen without extensive testing.

I really don't care if they seek to share their testing through YouTube videos. The proof is in their product and that works great, exactly as intended - L2 driver assistance. th e best in town as of today.

I was thinking he should head over to the 'Moving Goalposts Enthusiasts' forum.

One thing I thought was valuable advice: Bonnie's input --- he/she has been considered a wise member of the Telsa community

All of us have determined Telsa is a different type of car company -- where driveabilty and consumer comfort is not a priority

The abiltity to actually drive your new Tesla car is not a priority --- in fact your car should remain at a service center.....

Do not compare a telsa car to a honda or a toyota -- Honda and Toyota use real leather for their seats

Telsa is committed to using vinyl seats, produced from oil wells, as opposed to bovine(cattle) based seats --- Ford F150 work trucks have been using "Vegan" leather seats for a long time

• Disagree
Reactions: SlicedBr3ad
At least those goal posts would result in a better product --- I was a fan -- I hoped the M3 would be the vehicle that I could afford to buy into..

At this point, with the vinyl seats and shitty center screen --- I don't have to worry about Tesla being the first "real" car I purchase in my life...

I have a beautiful EP3 Honda Civic Si I will slowly rebuild as a sweet hatchback.....

Instead of taking out a loan for a Model 3 --- I'm going to swap out the engine of my Honda Si, repaint the entire car with a new clear-coat ---Install a new Pioneer AVIC datacenter/.nav......

One thing I thought was valuable advice: Bonnie's input --- he/she has been considered a wise member of the Telsa community

All of us have determined Telsa is a different type of car company -- where driveabilty and consumer comfort is not a priority

The abiltity to actually drive your new Tesla car is not a priority --- in fact your car should remain at a service center.....

Do not compare a telsa car to a honda or a toyota -- Honda and Toyota use real leather for their seats

Telsa is committed to using vinyl seats, produced from oil wells, as opposed to bovine(cattle) based seats --- Ford F150 work trucks have been using "Vegan" leather seats for a long time
Sigh.

We've all seen this before on the forum. Someone really wants a Tesla. They finally face the fact they can't afford it. And all posts going forward are trashing Tesla, so they don't lose face by acknowledging they just can't swing it.

Look, you're obviously early in your career. I can't speak for others, but I was driving some real beaters early in life. No shame in that. But there is shame in the absolute statements you make on a subject you have no first hand knowledge of. I've driven a Tesla for 7+ years. Service center ... getting tires swapped, annual inspection, but nothing because of mechanical failure. (Perhaps I need to put a video on YouTube about that ...)

Enjoy your Honda. I'm sure it will be a fine car. There is no need to trash other cars just to make yourself feel better about your decision.

Sigh.

We've all seen this before on the forum. Someone really wants a Tesla. They finally face the fact they can't afford it. And all posts going forward are trashing Tesla, so they don't lose face by acknowledging they just can't swing it.

Look, you're obviously early in your career. I can't speak for others, but I was driving some real beaters early in life. No shame in that. But there is shame in the absolute statements you make on a subject you have no first hand knowledge of. I've driven a Tesla for 7+ years. Service center ... getting tires swapped, annual inspection, but nothing because of mechanical failure. (Perhaps I need to put a video on YouTube about that ...)

Enjoy your Honda. I'm sure it will be a fine car. There is no need to trash other cars just to make yourself feel better about your decision.

Ok thank you mommie/daddie --- who cares what's said on this forum ---

But I promise you -- you won't ever see Tesla powered lawnmowers in Home Depot

And I promise you that your $60K "LR" is a piece of trash with vinyl seats has an entertainment system that is worse than my 2003 Honda Civic Si

Ok thank you mommie/daddie --- who cares what's said on this forum ---

But I promise you -- you won't ever see Tesla powered lawnmowers in Home Depot

And I promise you that your $60K "LR" is a piece of trash with vinyl seats has an entertainment system that is worse than my 2003 Honda Civic Si
Eventually, *maybe*, you'll grow up -- it's not a certainty given the drivel you've spouted here and how obviously you refuse to listen to those with far more experience and likely smarts than you. If you want a better chance at being a productive member of society, try listening to understand instead of, as bonnie said, simply moving the goalposts.

Now where's that ignore button so no more of your crap shows up... ... ... there it is! Click.

• Funny
Eventually, *maybe*, you'll grow up -- it's not a certainty given the drivel you've spouted here and how obviously you refuse to listen to those with far more experience and likely smarts than you. If you want a better chance at being a productive member of society, try listening to understand instead of, as bonnie said, simply moving the goalposts.

Now where's that ignore button so no more of your crap shows up... ... ... there it is! Click.[/

Ignoring is the biggest step to maturity --- High five!!!

You 're on your way to learning about how people live outside of your comfort zone --- you're always going to be on top of the interational game

• Disagree
Honda technology:

trio-of-hondajets.jpg

img_marine_01.jpg

bnrL_history.jpg

Yeah yeah yeah..... but I know the real reason Honda is devoting all their computing power to AI......

Japan's Virtual Reality Sex Suit - The Daily Show with Trevor Noah ...

• Funny
Reactions: PoitNarf
Honestly, his simple base argument that Tesla’s Autopilot is unsafe is defeated by the mere fact that there are not many accidents — fatal or not — caused by Autopilot relative to the number of cars out there. Get the data for 100,000 Autopilog Equipped Tesla’s and 100,000 regular cars of any brand or model, and compare the data.

He can talk about being an electrical engineer, knowledgeable in QA — whatever. Even if he is — it’s the internet, who knows what’s his true qualifications are — that does not give him any magical credibility or expertise to judge. Especially since his main form of evidence are three marketing YouTube videos.

The facts are:

- If I go out searching for videos of Ferraris crashing, I will find videos of Ferraris crashing. If I go out to find videos of Toyotas burning, I will find videos of Toyotas burning. Give me a video of a successful Mercedes Autonomy test, and I can find a video of a Mercedes crashing while on Autonomous mode. You will find what you seek, that doesn’t prove any conclusions.

- None of us know how much Tesla tests, how much time is spent, the quality of the testing, not the outcomes.

- We don’t know how much competitors test their Autonomous tech and software.

- None of us work on the teams tasked with writing the Autopilot code, designing the equipment, and testing the performance of Autopilot.

- Despite whatever we may have stuided in school or whatever our careers may be, we have no insider knowledge of the test process or anything with how Tesla’s functions as a company in general. Therefore, our backgrounds give us no credible knowledge or opinions to share.

- It is more likely than not that Tesla adequately tests its Autopilot software, hardware, and performance. We know this since there haven’t been a world wide event of Autonomous Tesla’s crashing on highways or freeways. Yes, they get media attention when they crash. Cars crash all the time. Compare the survival stats and I’d wager you’re safer with Autopilot enabled.

- It is most likely true that Tesla would have quite a lot to lose in terms of money and reputation if it were to not test Autopilot performance stringently. Especially since it’s a start-up company that has never made a profit; if it failed to test even its “beta” features, it could kill someone and generate intense negative P.R. and have severe financial consequences. Therefore, it is in the best interest for Tesla to adequately test its “beta” Autopilot and they more likely than not have and continue to do so. Despite what a lack of YouTube videos may imply.

- YouTube is not a credible source to base an argument.

Let him hold his beliefs. In these past 8 post-Model S years of driving and walking in L.A.(where I can often see hundreds of Autopilot equipped Tesla’s in a week), I’v yet to encounter any murderous autonomous Tesla.

Sigh.

It was a dead-ringer giveaway when I saw that bolded lamentation. My work took a downturn last year (and then I broke my shoulder last November, still causing lasting disability today), so without being afforded a familial gift, I wouldn't be on the cusp of enjoying a Model 3 now (maybe, as I'm now at 7-1/2 weeks of fit and finish repairs).

Last edited:
you stupid fu######ck

Apparently you need to keep practicing how to be a real engineer. I’m referring to a quote of yours earlier in this thread: “The best thing of being a real engineer ---- you learn to not care about what anyone says”

For what it’s worth, I like Honda too. My last two cars were Hondas. But my next car will be a Tesla. If Honda made a great electric car I would consider buying it. But they don’t. Honda is great at what they do, but they don’t have what I want. It’s as simple as that.

Seeing unhinged attacks like this warms my heart. Every ride this GenXer gives to a Millennial or GenZer results in “this is what I want (whether Tesla makes it or not).” The end is now in sight for ICEs and oil (even if it’s a fairly distant tomorrow) and multiple post rants like these are evidence of just how much the status quo realizes that. It is the middle-aged/senior engineers in the auto industry that do indeed have reason to worry since their retirement packages are intimately connected to their employers’ stock prices and whoever isn’t part of a company that can lay out massive capital spending for the transformation while keeping their stock price afloat will be in big trouble.

Reactions: bonnie