Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some voice commands had me PMSL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure....yes...amusing.

HOWEVER....

When we say "Send a message to Brian..." or "Call Brian..." in our Tesla vehicles, we then have to take our eyes off the road to manually tap on which of the multiple contact numbers to use.

I mean...come on guys....the **2009** model of the Pioneer X920BT nav/infotainment unit in my 2008 Audi A4 would let me say things like "Call Brian at Work" or "Call Brian at Home".

So, yeah, I wouldn't say Tesla's engineers have really done the thinking here in terms of how people really want to use the thing. It's just plain more dangerous and irritating that you can speak to initiate calls or messaging but then have to start playing with a tablet while you're driving to complete the process. It defeats the entire purpose of making these voice commands, doesn't it?

Sure....yes...amusing.

HOWEVER....

When we say "Send a message to Brian..." or "Call Brian..." in our Tesla vehicles, we then have to take our eyes off the road to manually tap on which of the multiple contact numbers to use.

I mean...come on guys....the **2009** model of the Pioneer X920BT nav/infotainment unit in my 2008 Audi A4 would let me say things like "Call Brian at Work" or "Call Brian at Home".

So, yeah, I wouldn't say Tesla's engineers have really done the thinking here in terms of how people really want to use the thing. It's just plain more dangerous and irritating that you can speak to initiate calls or messaging but then have to start playing with a tablet while you're driving to complete the process. It defeats the entire purpose of making these voice commands, doesn't it?
I just call out to Siri to do these things. I agree with you that this is not a very good use of the tech through the Tesla I/F.