Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Somebody buy this smoking CPO deal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you know there a bunch of refreshed nose models coming? Next few weeks? Thank

In 2016Q3 Tesla made a big push for profitably. One of the programs they offered was an aggressive two-year lease to people like me who had reserved a model 3 and wanted to drive a Tesla before the anticipated delivery of the 3, which at that time was late 2018. It was a hassle-free way to get in and out. They basically sold everything that wasn't welded to the floor. Well, here we come...my lease is up end of Sep.

• Informative
Reactions: suwaneedad
This shows where the market is going for pre-owned MSs. If this car is 50k w/CPO + longer battery warranty, it's going to be buyers market. If what the poster above said is true, and I have no reason to believe it's not. I'm going to wait a little longer and not settle for higher miles and a different front fascia.

Reactions: Juice13
With model 3 production ramp, many S owners switch to M3, and new-to-be owners might also prefer new M3 over used MS due to price, smaller (preference), brand-new, newer design, ... It's inevitable that, at least for used MS, is going to be buyer's market soon.

GMan324 is correct. Tesla Inventory is the site I use. The movement on some of the good deals that are new is slower than I would expect.

Inventory Search | Tesla

The above isn't smoking but is $67,855 after removing EAP and factoring in $7,500 tax credit.
Question - when you get the CASH or LOAN option, can you choose the LOAN option and see if the Tesla rates can beat your own bank rates, and if not still use your bank for the loan? Or do you have to choose CASH to use your bank and have them write a check to Tesla?

In 2016Q3 Tesla made a big push for profitably. One of the programs they offered was an aggressive two-year lease to people like me who had reserved a model 3 and wanted to drive a Tesla before the anticipated delivery of the 3, which at that time was late 2018. It was a hassle-free way to get in and out. They basically sold everything that wasn't welded to the floor. Well, here we come...my lease is up end of Sep.

My exact situation as well. Got my MS on a 2 year lease in Sept '16. I'm going to return it, so it's going in the CPO pool shortly with only 16k miles on it!

I'm excited at the opportunity to see cars with options, mileage, and age that correlates with a price structure that that looks attractive to a prospective buyer. I'm often taken aback at some of the asking prices observed. I can't fathom spending 45k-50k on beta vehicle with no warranty. I give this forum a lot of credit for allowing constructive criticism on pricing letting sellers know they're not competitive.

I'm excited at the opportunity to see cars with options, mileage, and age that correlates with a price structure that that looks attractive to a prospective buyer. I'm often taken aback at some of the asking prices observed. I can't fathom spending 45k-50k on beta vehicle with no warranty. I give this forum a lot of credit for allowing constructive criticism on pricing letting sellers know they're not competitive.
people posting on the FOR SALE section are whack...wtf is this "putting out feelers to sell" thing...also, a lot of owners don't understand that no matter what special tint or coating you put on your car with light treatment and trunk organizer, 95% of the time that means zero when you sell your car...so most likely 80% of sellers cars in that section sit until they realize they're worth about $15k less than their asking. reasonable price = what one person is willing to spend.

"people posting on the FOR SALE section are whack...wtf is this "putting out feelers to sell" thing...also, a lot of owners don't understand that no matter what special tint or coating you put on your car with light treatment and trunk organizer, 95% of the time that means zero when you sell your car...so most likely 80% of sellers cars in that section sit until they realize they're worth about $15k less than their asking. reasonable price = what one person is willing to spend."

Tell us how you really feel! lol

I can't disagree with anything you said. One of the early lessons I learned about value was from collecting cards as a youngster, looking at price guides. I remember my dad telling me that no matter what you think the value is it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. That's always stuck with me no matter what type of commodity being discussed. I see some of these threads being bumped and touted as great deals...then someone is nice enough to post CPO finds that are newer, significantly lower miles and with a great safety blanket of b2b warranty for thousands less. If a car is for sale here greater than a week, it's likely overpriced. If you go on bimmerpost or benzworld, these ppl know they've bought into a highly depreciating asset and most of the time are reasonable on the classified section.

Thanks to the posters that are looking for great deals and posting them here. It's much appreciated.

does anyone have any idea how long it takes for Tesla to turn around a lease car to a posted CPO?