Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Someone debadged my car [resolved - not stolen after all]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Superb post. 10 out of 10. 👏🏼
Alas, as it turns out, I am not the first one to post anagrams of DUAL MOTOR. I knew somebody would have thought of this before me. I did a search and came up with these:

Reactions: Kevy Baby
Went shopping and when I came back I noticed a white Model 3 just like mine parked right next to me. I got confused when I looked at what I thought was my car but was missing the Dual Motor Performance badge. I had to look at the rims to make sure it was my car. Then I realized some jerk debadged my car. I'm wondering if this is a common occurrence and if it's some kind of trend like when people used to steal VW badges way back when. Does anyone know where I can get a Dual Motor performance badge? I don't like all of the empty space in that spot and I prefer to have my car badged.
@Doggiedog Only in NJ…. “New Jersey and you, Perfect together” - RIGHT…I got the hell out of there in 1989, after 26 years of that kind of $hit. Never looked back. My friend still lives in Leonia and deals with that BS on a daily basis. Get out while you still can!

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
@Doggiedog Only in NJ…. “New Jersey and you, Perfect together” - RIGHT…I got the hell out of there in 1989, after 26 years of that kind of $hit. Never looked back. My friend still lives in Leonia and deals with that BS on a daily basis. Get out while you still can!
I live in NJ but I actually grew up in Manhattan. People have their opinions of NYC but I think it's the best place in the world. All of my favorite people live in or around the city.

then set your garage as a favourite place and then it wont switch on there. forgetting to turn sentry mode on is a poor excuse -it is always frustrating (for the OT) that things happen and sentry mode just so happens to be off. Yes it costs money, yes it is absolutely worth it.
That's a good tip. I usually turn it on manually but of course it was Murphy's law that when I didn't have it on, something happened.

Yeah, now that I think about it, I'm not so sure if someone took it off and it didn't just fall off. My spoiler is starting to peel away from the trunk lid and I can see the glue coming apart in streaks. Maybe they used cheap glue for the badge.

Is this a known problem? That's a worry.
It very certainly didn’t fall off, and it’s not a known problem.

I can see this turning into another thread blaming Tesla for using inferior stickers, and not backing up their warranties for an obvious common design flaw. Completely unacceptible for a car I paid $60,000 for. ..

Actually, after reading some of the posts here I think I figured it out. I had to get my trunk repaired a few months ago. They must have forgotten to put the badge back on after repainting it or replacing the trunk.

Attachments

• 20210516_101042.jpg
    20210516_101042.jpg
    393.9 KB · Views: 301
Actually, after reading some of the posts here I think I figured it out. I had to get my trunk repaired a few months ago. They must have forgotten to put the badge back on after repainting it or replacing the trunk.
That's a long time to not notice it was gone. Anyway, for it to fall off isn't common from what I can tell. They're easy to get though.

That's a long time to not notice it was gone. Anyway, for it to fall off isn't common from what I can tell. They're easy to get though.
I usually don't view my car from the back. I reverse the car into my garage space since there is a wall to the left and someone else is to my right. Also haven't driven it much. Maybe a few hundred miles since May. I only have 2700 miles total on the car since I got it in Dec. I guess I didn't miss it much since I didn't notice it until another white Model 3 parked next to it. I bought a cheap badge from eBay. If I don't like it I guess I can complain to the SC when I get my spoiler fixed.

Reactions: Andy7
I usually don't view my car from the back. I reverse the car into my garage space since there is a wall to the left and someone else is to my right. Also haven't driven it much. Maybe a few hundred miles since May. I only have 2700 miles total on the car since I got it in Dec. I guess I didn't miss it much since I didn't notice it until another white Model 3 parked next to it. I bought a cheap badge from eBay. If I don't like it I guess I can complain to the SC when I get my spoiler fixed.
Tesla repaired the trunk and forgot to put the letters back on? Pretty careless of them (or whoever did the repair-but especially if it was Tesla). When you bring it in they'll tell you they just happen to have a slightly used set they can sell you! I'm glad you found the probable answer.

Reminds me of an older American joke. Police dispatcher gets a frantic phone call about a break-in to an elderly woman's car: "Did anything get stolen, ma'am?"
"They took the steering wheel, radio, and even the dashboard, they took EVERYTHING!"
Dispatcher says "stay with your car, Ma'am, we'll send someone right out!"
A few minutes later the police call the dispatcher back: "Disregard the auto break-in report. The lady got into the back seat by mistake!"