Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Someone in UK said The Signature option has been withdrawn in the UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/questions-about-model-s-uk

As a British signature reservation holder myself, I have first-hand knowledge about this. There had been plenty of spaces available for the Signature model.

- The reason it was withdrawn was simply because it had outgrown its usefulness. The newer, European-spec cars had so many extra options that weren't in the original Signature package that Tesla (rightly, in my opinion) decided that most owners would prefer to have the flexibility to choose from a clean slate.

Those of us (now ex-)Signature reservation holders were all contacted, personally, by Tesla, and were explained the situation. We were assured that we would keep our privileged position in the "queue", although at the time they weren't prepared to offer any other compensation for having paid our £30,000 deposits. (There may be some unofficial offers available.)

I hope this clarifies things.
Best wishes,
David

- - - Updated - - -

I think this is possible, now you can't reserve Signature in those right hand drive markets website (HK, Japan, UK & Australia) .

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.teslamotors.com/en_GB/forum/forums/no-signature-uk

one more discussion about no signature in UK (need to login with My Tesla account), a guy even said no Signature for all RHD markets...

Maybe I will give Tesla HK a call (I am a Signature reservation holder), UK already have all pricing detail last year, and we still got nothing....

Thanks for sharing the info with us, sonywong. Interesting move on Tesla's part.

If/when you give Tesla HK a call...

I'm not sure if it matters for your own purchase or not, but can you please ask about Signature Red paint and Signature White interior options on these "no-longer-signature" vehicles in the UK? Thanks!