TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Someone is getting VIN 100k today

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by ddgdl, Aug 28, 2018.

1. ddgdl

ddgdl Member

Just got the call from my delivery adviser, and I'm within 10 VINs of lucky number 100k---so someone is getting 100k today (likely)!

AWD + Aeros
    White/White
    July 2017 reservation
    6/28/18 order
    8/18/18 change to white interior

• Like x 5
  2. golfpilot

golfpilot Member

I was told I would get my VIN as soon as the car was done. Got the VIN Sunday. Pickup this afternoon!
    I am 67xxx
    AWD Aeros
    White Ext. Black Int.

The vins must be scattered.

• Like x 1
  3. Cybarrius

Cybarrius Member

AHHHHH!!! this makes me want to swap to Aeros lol.

4. bomquito

bomquito Member

Don't. You will love the sports look way better

5. Cybarrius

Cybarrius Member

I am thinking of buying the sports wheels later. I do hate that they are only selling it currently with Winter tires only. Is there a way to buy them with All Season Tires?

6. Zeno 5

Zeno 5 Member

Me Me.
    Pick me:))

7. Knightshade

Knightshade Active Member

Are they just randomly skipping big chunks of VINs? we know they're not making more than max 20,000 model 3s a month, and yet there's August builds in the 60k range all the way up to about 100k now apparently?

8. ddgdl

ddgdl Member

Apparently- I'm VIN 99,99x (so close to 100k!)

9. MikeATL

MikeATL Member

I believe there's some logic in the VIN's (i.e. a block of numbers are AWD and another block are RWD) and they request a batch of several weeks production all at once, hence they are not necessarily rolling cars off the line and assigning VIN's in purely sequential order.

10. rdunniii

rdunniii Member

This is why I'm not interested in the 20" sport wheels. They come only with summer tires with no option for all season or no tires. Can't imagine picking up the car in November or December with the 20" wheels installed and having to drive it across the Sierra to get it home on Summer tires. All season tires work just fine for me.

11. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Tesla does not build or deliver cars in VIN order. There is no way to know if VIN XXXXXXXXXX100000 is being delivered today, or tomorrow, or next week.

12. psykobunny83

psykobunny83 Member

I was close, get mine in Toronto next Wednesday and I'm 97xxx