Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Someone keeps unplugging my car charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stranger keeps unplugging my car from being charged I went to work out at the gym and parked at the EV Charger for an hour. While I was working out I noticed an alert on the Tesla App indicating that the charge was interrupted. I didn't think much of it until I got back to my car. The stranger was still there and kept unplugging the charger from my car and plugging it back in. I confronted him and told him to "Never" touch a car that's being charged if its not yours. He said he was having charging issues on his car so he was trying to troubleshoot it. Sigh.... Why are people so disrespectful of other cars being charged?!!! How do I prevent strangers from unplugging my car while being charged?

I had the same problem. I'd plug in at a Volta station in my area and I'd see my car not charging anymore. Finally I bought a lock off ebay and now I don't have a problem. Here's the one I bought:

Tesla Charger J1772 Adapter (No Lip) Lock For Model 3/S/X - No Unplugging! | eBay