Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Someone keeps unplugging my car charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stranger keeps unplugging my car from being charged I went to work out at the gym and parked at the EV Charger for an hour. While I was working out I noticed an alert on the Tesla App indicating that the charge was interrupted. I didn't think much of it until I got back to my car. The stranger was still there and kept unplugging the charger from my car and plugging it back in. I confronted him and told him to "Never" touch a car that's being charged if its not yours. He said he was having charging issues on his car so he was trying to troubleshoot it. Sigh.... Why are people so disrespectful of other cars being charged?!!! How do I prevent strangers from unplugging my car while being charged?

Attachments

• IMG_0135-COLLAGE.jpg
    IMG_0135-COLLAGE.jpg
    540 KB · Views: 171
  • Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
OK, so it looks good but there's nothing that says how the owner unlocks the lug. Can someone help me with that?
The ring attaches to your adapter first. The adapter is locked to your car. When you release your adapter and pull it out, the ring slides off and you can detach the charging cable from the adapter.
I may not be explaining it correctly, but it works.

Folks, if you were part of the bigger EV landscape you would find that it is perfectly normal to unplug other cars. It's even a normal process.
Other cars indicate when they are charging and when the lights go off, then it is anticipated that someone can unplug you and charge their cars.

I have to disagree. This doesn't apply to your scenario.

This guy is not unplugging other cars when the charge is complete. He is troubleshooting why his car is not charging....and causing other cars to interrupt their charge.