Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Someone keyed my car for no reason

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey fellow Tesla friend,

Has anyone experience being victimized by a random car keying? Someone that parked next to me keyed my car and I am in the process of filing a police report. I got a quote for the repair and it's about $350 and takes 5 hours. Is that a fair price? Also, I have Tesla insurance, and the car is barely a month old. Would the warranty or insurance cover this? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Image from iOS (1).jpg
    Image from iOS (1).jpg
    391.6 KB · Views: 2,259
  • Image from iOS.jpg
    Image from iOS.jpg
    406.2 KB · Views: 386
I have seen a few reports of stuff like this (including teslacam videos) posted here. This type of thing used to be reported on the BMW forums sometimes too.

If its $350, I have no idea what your deductible is, but if your deductible is less than that you can submit it to your insurance and get the difference.

There is zero (less than zero) chance "the warranty" would cover something like that (thats very wishful thinking).

I have seen a few reports of stuff like this (including teslacam videos) posted here. This type of thing used to be reported on the BMW forums sometimes too.

If its $350, I have no idea what your deductible is, but if your deductible is less than that you can submit it to your insurance and get the difference.

There is zero (less than zero) chance "the warranty" would cover something like that (thats very wishful thinking).
Oh man, that's so annoying! Got the guy's face on camera but no license plate. We have comprehensive coverage but it's way more than $350 deductible, bummer.

Sorry to hear... touch up paint would be the most cost efficient but you'll still see the indented gouge. $350 is a bit high but considering if they have to sand down, repaint, blend and polish, it's not outrageous. I see that you're in LA, try shopping around for quotes. There are a ton of auto shops that can probably do it for less, but depends on quality

What’d
Hey fellow Tesla friend,

Has anyone experience being victimized by a random car keying? Someone that parked next to me keyed my car and I am in the process of filing a police report. I got a quote for the repair and it's about $350 and takes 5 hours. Is that a fair price? Also, I have Tesla insurance, and the car is barely a month old. Would the warranty or insurance cover this? Thanks in advance!
what’d you end up doing?

Was taking my girlfriend to work and we noticed we’ve been keyed as well.

Never once in my life have I thought about keying another car. Of course, I didn’t have sentry mode on.

Attachments

• B63B149A-206E-4570-AC44-9A1B5D6B245D.jpeg
    B63B149A-206E-4570-AC44-9A1B5D6B245D.jpeg
    972.7 KB · Views: 285
  • E9BAB10F-06A5-485F-8642-B798CA4895C8.jpeg
    E9BAB10F-06A5-485F-8642-B798CA4895C8.jpeg
    544.1 KB · Views: 263
  • F62BDB64-992D-4D5E-9626-D7252B75BECF.jpeg
    F62BDB64-992D-4D5E-9626-D7252B75BECF.jpeg
    595.9 KB · Views: 282
That's really not a bad price. But to answer your question, people have their reason. The reason? They're usually a psychopath that's disgruntled in life. They are usually highly influenced by media educating them on the haves and have nots. Rather than building on their fortunes, it's easier for them to destroy someone else's. You just happen to be the target of the haves.

That's really not a bad price. But to answer your question, people have their reason. The reason? They're usually a psychopath that's disgruntled in life. They are usually highly influenced by media educating them on the haves and have nots. Rather than building on their fortunes, it's easier for them to destroy someone else's. You just happen to be the target of the haves.
Were you describing Putin?

Reactions: Darmie