Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Someone please educate me on settings for heat.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you @David99 !
Great info.
I have learning to get used to Auto mode as you suggested as I think that is essentially what the designers had really intended to be the best method. It seems ok I just need to get used to it. I guess I’m old school and stubborn in changing sometimes
probably needs the fan to go at full blast to produce really hot air.
And this I think is actually what was messing me up.
A low temp and a low fan speed is what I was trying to achieve. But that simply doesn’t make the air warm enough while your in manual mode.
Ok. I appreciate everyone’s help.
Interesting topic.

Actually V9 is pretty messed up. With V8, the only modes I ever used was full auto and front shield defogging. Unfortunately thats not the case with V9. When selecting front shield defogging, the A/C doesn't start (1 C outside, raining) and the car only blows warm air to the windshield which doesn't help at all. With full defogging (tap the defogg twice), the car was blowing hot air at full speed which actually helped, however again, the A/C was off. After a while the car was hot as hell, so I tried to go with auto or normal defogging, which immediately caused the front shield to get foggy again.

I'm very disappointed with the V9. I see the need for the UI refresh but it sucks being a lab rat for Tesla.

Reactions: Paul42
With full defogging (tap the defogg twice), the car was blowing hot air at full speed which actually helped, however again, the A/C was off.

If you tap defog icon once, it functions as a defogger. Tap it twice, and functions as a defroster used to melt snow and ice. Saw this in the manual when I was looking thru it, and it fits your description perfectly. You will also notice the icon changes color to reflect this too...

Measured with a thermometer? No. My hands can feel warm or cold. This is experience with my Model-S. Your Model-3 may behave differently but this is a Model-S subforum and the original question was regarding the S.

The S 100D that I drove on a thousand-mile road trip in single digit temperatures last January did not behave as you describe. That, of course, was not v9, so perhaps not applicable.