Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Someone said "Tesla owners think they're better than everyone"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. Somewhere where I can at least isolate a side of my car so it’s less likely to get dinged or get boxed in. I’d much rather park further away for that level of comfort.

Yeah but, then you gotta do that thing where you...........wait a second, what's that thing called again?...........We used to do it all the time, you know, that thing you do with your feet, and your legs. It's just on the tip of my tongue. Wait here, I'll be right back...............

Oh yeah, walking, now I remember, thanks google..........

Last edited:
Reactions: El joe
Yeah but, then you gotta do that thing where you...........wait a second, what's that thing called again?...........We used to do it all the time, you know, that thing you do with your feet, and your legs. It's just on the tip of my tongue. Wait here, I'll be right back...............

I drive my passengers crazy :) Sometimes I'll drop them off and go park.

Reactions: El joe and PACEMD
I lived in New York City much of my adult life and can easily park a vehicle with only inches to spare, but why would I want to do that when there is an empty parking lot 30 feet from the crowd? Fortunately, most other people in urban America don't want to walk those few feet so crowd in together as one. Leaving the rest of the lot open. No real reason for it, just what they do.........

The hoody-toidy in The OC prefer 'perambulating'. :p

Reactions: PACEMD
You've got to be kidding. The spot DIRECTLY NEXT TO THEM was open and you made them move so you could park in the spot they were standing in?

They moved over. I thought they were letting me park in that spot, so I parked in the spot they moved from.

Then I get a surprise by that passive aggressive lady who starts going on a rant about parking next to her group. No one in that group seemed to care, or back her up. Seem like some passive aggressive lady who likes getting into arguments, especially against people she perceives has more money than her since she said "He thinks he's better because he drives a Tesla".

Oh no, you mean I am not better than everyone else? What a wakeup call. I guess I will have to sell my car now. Only bought it to show I was better!
yes, it is just a joke. You are supposed to smile :)

Most people buy a Mercedes / BMW if they only care about being better than others or flexing. I was surprised that lady put the Tesla among BMW / Mercedes when she got angry at me for parking next to her group of friends.

I don't think that lady who instagram bragged about her new Mercedes and hit a cyclist would buy a Tesla. It's not a flex car for people with low ego. Anyone with low ego / or wants to instabrag would have a hard time going with a Tesla if they can get a Mercedes. Even with all the advantages of a Tesla being able to autopilot or charge at home.

56-1.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2021-2-16_18-17-44.jpeg
    upload_2021-2-16_18-17-44.jpeg
    10.3 KB · Views: 53
For those who drive through the OC, Teslas, especially the 3, are one of the most common cars.
I doubt there are too many people who are jealous of them in the OC.

That why it surprised me she mentioned my Tesla as to be better than everyone else. She probably gets road rage when she comes to South OC and see 3-5 Tesla in the same parking area or freeway. If she goes to Newport beach and sees a Lamborghini / Bentey she probably gets even more angry.

Sounds like she needs some professional help. Who knows, she may have been beaten up by a Lamborgini salesman when she was a child. But anyway, good luck curb siding a decent parking lot psychoanalyst these days. I don't know if it's a COVID thing or just a sign of the times.

Most people buy a Mercedes / BMW if they only care about being better than others or flexing. I was surprised that lady put the Tesla among BMW / Mercedes when she got angry at me for parking next to her group of friends.

I don't think that lady who instagram bragged about her new Mercedes and hit a cyclist would buy a Tesla. It's not a flex car for people with low ego. Anyone with low ego / or wants to instabrag would have a hard time going with a Tesla if they can get a Mercedes. Even with all the advantages of a Tesla being able to autopilot or charge at home.

56-1.jpg

You keep proving to everyone that you are an example of exactly what the lady said. Smart lady, she certainly had you pegged just by watching you pull into that spot and expecting the crowd to just move because YOU are in a Tesla.

If that lady saw your posts, she'd be showing it to her husband and saying, "see honey, I told ya, look look at this".

Reactions: glide
Like several others, my PRIME spot is in a remote area buffered by at least 2 or 3 empty spaces. It’s good to get those extra steps in, and when I return to the car I don’t have 37 sentry events to review.

If you really wanted to piss off the group, you should’ve backed into the spot.

Reactions: AMPd
I would have gotten back in the car and said sorry I 'll park somewhere else. But as I was backing up, I would have turned on the fart sound outside of the car, rolled down the window and yelled "You Stink!"

Reactions: PACEMD