Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Someone unplugged my car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Clearly this individual doesn't know the workings of a Tesla. Unplug the wrong car and you could be looking down a barrel. It's not like we get notified the moment it's unplugged or anything. Also... to back up the OP's claim that the individual is Asian.... It's a Richmond thing... you have to be loco... LOL

Last edited:
I'm not really sure it's a problem that needs to be fixed - if a car is fully charged to its setpoint, it doesn't matter if someone is able to remove the charger after that.

And if the car is not charged to a set point? what then?

They press the button on my SC plug, aborting MY charge briefly, which makes the other stall "the first to arrive" (so to speak) and getting full speed and now i'm the slow one after it resumed automatically (cannot pull out a SC plug in Europe).

This Tesla on Tesla crime should be punishable by death. or SuperCharger banishment. it is worst than being ICEd. Someone needs to tweet Elon that a locked Tesla should ignore pressing of the button since it is already designed to not allow the charger to be removed.

I would also take down this person's license plate / VIN and report same to Tesla.

Finally... I would "summon" the offending party by doing the same thing and giving them a few minutes to "present" themselves. they need to be told that this is NOT OK.

did this happen in Switzerland?

• Funny
Reactions: Farzinfar
Electricity is so cheap. Bottom line, we need more chargers. They will come, but we're gonna experience more shenanigans like this until chargers are everywhere. Like at your housing. When more people drive EVs, apartment owners will put up free chargers like candy to attract good tenants.

Electricity is so cheap. Bottom line, we need more chargers. They will come, but we're gonna experience more shenanigans like this until chargers are everywhere. Like at your housing. When more people drive EVs, apartment owners will put up free chargers like candy to attract good tenants.

Some cities are starting to turn streetlight poles into EV chargers. I can see this coming to more and more cities. Some day we may see thread here titled "someone unplugged from light pole #46, I know it is you; the person charging at light pole #52".

• Funny
Reactions: Graffi
The chargers are in the car. What you’re talking about is EVSE (electric vehicle supply equipment), basically safe connectors to the AC electrical supply. Hence the name Tesla Wall Connector, formerly known as HPWC (High Power Wall Connector). Or call them charging stations, a less cumbersome term than EVSE, and everyone will know what you’re talking about.

The chargers are in the car. What you’re talking about is EVSE (electric vehicle supply equipment), basically safe connectors to the AC electrical supply. Hence the name Tesla Wall Connector, formerly known as HPWC (High Power Wall Connector). Or call them charging stations, a less cumbersome term than EVSE, and everyone will know what you’re talking about.

Actually isn't it the other way around? :p By calling them chargers, "everyone" will know what I am talking about. Most of the peons, like I, will think that they are chargers. The people who knows better, would know that I mislabeled them. Everyone wins. ;)

Actually isn't it the other way around? :p By calling them chargers, "everyone" will know what I am talking about. Most of the peons, like I, will think that they are chargers. The people who knows better, would know that I mislabeled them. Everyone wins. ;)
Apparently you haven’t seen the threads here over the years where someone says their charger isn’t working, and half of the responses assume he’s talking about the thing in the car and the other half think he’s talking about the thing on the wall. And people are talking past each other not understanding that others are talking about something different. Who’s on first?

Okay a simple and humane solution to appease the New Hampshire crowd in this thread. Even if you don't rein from NH, you definitely should register your ride there as your plates might actually transmit your feelings to any of the vermin who exist to yank your cable)

Anyhow, I'll make this short(for liability mostly).
Secondary, low voltage routed to the external casing...

No, it won't kill them but I feel considering the current assumed to be pulsing in the cable, I don't believe they will ever grab another, they don't have to. Just the task of charging their own will become a task monumental hell afyer, as they recall it, they somehow got really damn lucky.

And nobody wire up a model t coil neither. Your midnight backdoor pluggers will do all the heavy lifting to insure your reminder is the gift that keeps giving...

Just make sure you flip it off before plugging in or out..

• Funny
Reactions: Graffi
And if the car is not charged to a set point? what then?

This Tesla on Tesla crime should be punishable by death. or SuperCharger banishment. it is worst than being ICEd. Someone needs to tweet Elon that a locked Tesla should ignore pressing of the button since it is already designed to not allow the charger to be removed.

I would also take down this person's license plate / VIN and report same to Tesla.

Finally... I would "summon" the offending party by doing the same thing and giving them a few minutes to "present" themselves. they need to be told that this is NOT OK.

did this happen in Switzerland?

A very good idea. You have my support :)

And yes it happened here in Switzerland :) and worst of all, happened to me!

• Informative
Reactions: Galve2000
Clearly this individual doesn't know the workings of a Tesla. Unplug the wrong car and you could be looking down a barrel. It's not like we get notified the moment it's unplugged or anything. Also... to back up the OP's claim that the individual is Asian.... It's a Richmond thing... you have to be loco... LOL
Canadian, threatening to shoot someone for touching the charge connector?

Ai really needs to take over driving, charging and maintenance. People are idiots and scammers. They drive like morons and don't get me started on the scammers (body shop and insurance) and egotistical police writing bogus tickets. All should be out of jobs and let the cars take over it's sad but true

At John Ash restaurant in Santa Rosa, love that place, and now even more since they have a Tesla charger. Alas, it was Out of Order today, with a sign about damage, so I hooked up to the regular (slower) EV charger. Halfway into our food I get a Tesla App message "Charging Interrupted". Go to the car and a guy in a Ford had disconnected me and plugged in his car. UNCOOL, DUDE! You don't unplug or even touch someone else's car! Got Sentry Mode videos, can't quite read the license plate but here's the guy!
John Ash guy unplugs my car 2019-08-22 at 6.43.24 PM.png
John Ash Ford guy unplugs me, license 7X something.png
John Ask guy unplugs me and hooks up his Ford 2019-08-22 at 6.49.26 PM.png

At John Ash restaurant in Santa Rosa, love that place, and now even more since they have a Tesla charger. Alas, it was Out of Order today, with a sign about damage, so I hooked up to the regular (slower) EV charger. Halfway into our food I get a Tesla App message "Charging Interrupted". Go to the car and a guy in a Ford had disconnected me and plugged in his car. UNCOOL, DUDE! You don't unplug or even touch someone else's car! Got Sentry Mode videos, can't quite read the license plate but here's the guy!
View attachment 445367 View attachment 445368 View attachment 445369
This is why this exist .

CapturePro Charging Lock for Tesla Model S