Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Someone unplugged my car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
J1772s are for all EVs to be used as gas stations.

Offer free gas and watch what happens to normally decent folk. This probably causes the greatest conflicts in remote charging situations.

The best solution is to avoid Free J1772s unless your other choice is a tow truck. Some EVs only have 50 miles range (Smart EDs) so it can really be a tow truck situation. You will never get into a conflict.

I have always been against free charging. Not because it's a great idea to promote EVs, but because of human nature.

The driver in the orange coat has not told his version of events. Perhaps there is more than one side. Perhaps he was unplugged first? Unlikely, but possible. When Free comes up, it's Black Friday at Walmart. Anything goes.

I agree 100%. EVSE's are gas stations for EVs and as such they such all charge those who use them. This will limit the behavior of people using these inappropriately and have them more available for cars which actually need the electricity. Making all public charging stations cost something would help more than even doubling the number of charging stations.

My hospital is in the process of installing two EVSE's in our physician parking lot. I've talked to 5 physicians who also own Teslas. However, we all have HPWC's at home and electricity here is cheap at $.06/kWh so have little need to charge at work. Obviously I haven't talked to everyone, especially non Tesla owners, but it'll be interesting to see how they get used.

^^^This! It’s amazing how simply stated facts don’t even get read, much-less comprehended, before people chime in with how this is OP’s fault. He’s used this charger a total of three times in his life, has no option L2 option at his condo, charges mainly at work, and, most importantly... was charging this night to specifically have enough range for the next morning’s longer-range trip.
Just because OP owns a Tesla, he shouldn’t have the right to use a public charger because he needs the range? Rather, he should drive 60km (round trip) out of his way to the SuC because the idiot in the Orange likes to play Charger Police? He certainly didn’t need to charge...

I think I have seen that guy before -- and he wasn't with the Charger Police:rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: Astraviel
Can we identify the car he gets back into at the end? Is it an EV? I don't think so. And even if it is, it's not parked anywhere near the charging facilities.

Here's my take on it. He's a local 'taxpayer' and is envious/jealous of the 'well-off-ness' that Teslas project.

He doesn't think that 'rich' Tesla owners should be sucking juice for free from the city facilities. So he takes the law into his own hands and pulls the plug.

He clearly isn't driving into the adjacent spot, or needing a charge, nor cares if there are one or two working stalls. He's just a disgruntled non-owner.

Looks like a , Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback, Kia Micra or something similar.

2018_chevrolet_sonic_angularrear.jpg

d36f42db2a8ed19a60bb6581b986791b0d0d1625.jpg

... He's just a disgruntled non-owner.

This is why when I catch you walking your dog and letting it crap on my lawn on camera without picking it up, I bag it and throw it on your lawn after I've already spoken to you before about it.

It's because you have a pit bull and I only have Shibu Inu and I'm jealous your dog can drop larger bombs. I'm jealous, which is what drives all my activities.

Reactions: Eclectic
I don't even know what you're trying to say there, so I'm just going to ignore you from here on out. Try adding something constructive to the conversation for a change instead of just being a loud mouthed distraction.

Our first 'expensive' car was 3 days old when somebody keyed it in a parking lot. It was parked perfectly normal, and they cut it down to the fiberglass with something like a knife. At the time there were only a few in the country.

That's something a jealous person does. Not hang up your charging cable.

Reactions: Eclectic
This is why when I catch you walking your dog and letting it crap on my lawn on camera without picking it up, I bag it and throw it on your lawn after I've already spoken to you before about it.

It's because you have a pit bull and I only have Shibu Inu and I'm jealous your dog can drop larger bombs. I'm jealous, which is what drives all my activities.
a3b7e54a0d1b4bd8b6ec0079a693b4ccx_1.png

My money is on a Ford Fiesta hatchback.
That’s the car. You can tell by the wheel design and the hatch spoiler.

Reactions: JohnSnowNW
I have been unplugged before. Last time I caught the person. He just unplugged my cable because he was curious, what would happen. He could not see anything happen, so he plugged back in.

Unfortunately this particular type of charging station does not resume charging unless the credentials are once again established.

So we have to teach our fellow citizens one at a time, not to unplug cars just for fun. I politely taught the one I caught.

Hard to tell but it think you just scored a hit. It does look like a 3 door verses a 5 door. only 84 miles of range for $33,000!

I only noticed it because I was looking at the Fiat Electric for my mom. She said she wanted to get one because it looks cute. I told her that she will have enough range to drive to my sister's and then she will probably have to spend the night to charge it to get back home unless my sister installs a 240v outlet.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but there is a second plug right? If orange jacket man was mad about the tesla taking the only plug then I *might* be a little more understanding. But there is clearly another plug that he could have used if he truly needed to charge. This just seems like a petty act to me.