Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Someone's X prepping for delivery at Denver "secret location"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.png
From looks of car, it's the same one scoped there 2 weeks ago. No other X's visible. At least FWD seem to be working. Wish I was this lucky Denver owner soon (hopefully) to receive his/her X, especially before the March event.

The Denver SC on Evans had a midnight silver (possibly titanium, but I think midnight) Model X last week. I couldn't see all of it or anything, but I'm guessing it's still this same one. Kinda jealous that it's not mine getting prepped for delivery, but then again, I'm not too wild over all these Model X's that have to spend weeks at the SC getting fixed and checked. Hopefully production issues and overall QC will get better before mine arrives.

Now... I was in SoCal over the weekend and saw the post here about the X's at the Buena Park Tesla location. I stopped in there and caught my first real glimpse of the X, both the white one and the red one they had on hand. Very cool, but I have mixed feelings about my encounter. On one hand I'm glad I saw them. On the other hand, it just makes waiting for mine that much harder... I also stopped into the Tesla location right by John Wayne Airport shortly after I arrived, just because, and there were none to be seen there.

Great to see another VIN assigned to Colorado, and yesterday no less! The angst of waiting is what drives me to the prep area location, as I doubt you will ever see an X just hanging out in the Evans SC parking lot. I will probably stop looking at the prep area after I see the car up close at the event March 3-4 here in Denver. Congrats!

Yeah, I was casually wandering by the SC every now and then to see if I could catch a glimpse of an X. I'm happy now that I've seen them at Buena Park, but only briefly as I didn't have an RSVP for the event and I stopped by Saturday afternoon. But I got to sit in the white one and push buttons. My only concern now is the durability of those white seats. ...That and I keep second guessing my color decision. Ever since I my order confirmed, I keep wondering if I shouldn't have gone with Titanium and tan leather. Deciding between that and our white config held up the wife and I from ordering for a whole week. Love the look of the X in white and the black/white interior. And I know if these white seats turn out to be a huge issue for people, Tesla will find a way to make it right. Anyway, VIN is assigned and we're locked and loaded. Can't wait!

Hmmm. Is that Titanium? If it is, it might be mine! But I doubt it as I ordered on Jan 20th and it confirmed on Jan 27th. If it is, I don't mind you posting pics if it is, since I don't have time to gather intel and they aren't telling me anything.

Here is a beauty that was at DIA last week!

IMG_5411.JPG

This "secret" location is not so secret. It is the old Safeway at leetsdale and Quebec. You can stop by any night and see through the blacked out windows. This pic was taken through a scratch in the black-out paint. There were around 10 cars in there when I checked them out last Saturday night with my daughter. There was a blue Model X being prepped with all of the doors open.

I thought that it was agreed that pics of X's inside a service center or prepped for delivery where not going to be posted?, Bonnie?

Censorship? Seriously? For what reason?

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't know this was "against the rules". If offensive, sorry. Trying to post pics of ongoing work here, nothing more, nothing less. We are all dying for news of production/ramp/hold-ups....

It's not even slightly offensive - you have some really weird people / fanboys on these forums - ignore them. Thank you for posting.

Censorship? Seriously? For what reason?

- - - Updated - - -

It's not even slightly offensive - you have some really weird people / fanboys on these forums - ignore them. Thank you for posting.

Not even slightly censorship! The point was that for some people expecting their car they would prefer that their first view of the car not be some through a potato spy shot of a car in a service center but rather the actual delivery experience. So as a matter of courtesy people who see them and get pics can post that they've seen them and if someone wants to see the spy shot of their car they can ask for it.

Not even slightly censorship! The point was that for some people expecting their car they would prefer that their first view of the car not be some through a potato spy shot of a car in a service center but rather the actual delivery experience. So as a matter of courtesy people who see them and get pics can post that they've seen them and if someone wants to see the spy shot of their car they can ask for it.

How could anyone know whose Tesla it is?

How could anyone know whose Tesla it is?

We do get told when the car is on its way/in the SC. We know what color, etc. we're expecting.

It originally came up when people were taking pictures of cars with the Vin as part of the collection of pictures (so there would be no doubt who owned). But in the case of an SC, etc. if that person is on the forums here they would have a through the potato shot of their car as their first view (it wouldn't bother me, I don't think, but it would bother others).

This "secret" location is not so secret. It is the old Safeway at leetsdale and Quebec. You can stop by any night and see through the blacked out windows. This pic was taken through a scratch in the black-out paint. There were around 10 cars in there when I checked them out last Saturday night with my daughter. There was a blue Model X being prepped with all of the doors open.

So that's why the valet driver stopped at that shopping center, the last time they brought my P85D to me from the Service center. I was spying on him through the phone app, trying to figure out if he was going to get to my house before we had to leave for an appointment.

I wish that blue X you saw had been mine, but it's stuck in end-of-line purgatory in Fremont, so far as I know.

drove by there 2 days ago at 8 am and saw only a single model s, no X's. idk how they move the cars around and whether they do or don't care about peekers through the glass. If they really wanted to obscure views, they could easily prevent prying eyes. As to whose car it is/was, with no plates, no clear images, all you are seeing is a model x in Denver. You do the math to see if it might be yours. It looks nothing more than a generic model X. It belongs to any number of Denver reservation holder. I too think its ridiculous that someone thinks such posts are a privacy invasion. Get real....