Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Somerset, PA close to Flight 93 Memorial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably been mentioned, but I though I would. If you charge at Somerset, PA, which is right off the PA Turnpike exit ramp, it's also a very short (13 mile) drive up to the Flight 93 Memorial (US Park Service). I charged there, and went up to the memorial, then back down again, topped of, and back on the turnpike.

A worthwhile diversion if you can make the time.

Somehow I managed to reverse the words in your title when I read it - so I opened the thread to see why they were closing the memorial and whether it was temporary or permanent.

I'll have to keep that in mind when I'm out that way. :)

IMG_8224.JPG

I also highly suggest taking the @Newscutter scenic detour on the old Lincoln Highway as part of the trip to the Flight 93 Memorial. We've been traveling on that stretch a few times this summer and would like to go again in the fall.

There's been some local folks who have expressed interest in putting EV charging stations along Route 30 in western Pennsylvania. We've helped point them in the appropriate direction to make that happen.

This area is wonderful territory. We've been doing a lot of driving along this route and plan to do more. Will be joining @WATTS-UP and others in Gettysburg on Sunday.

There's been some local folks who have expressed interest in putting EV charging stations along Route 30 in western Pennsylvania. We've helped point them in the appropriate direction to make that happen.

This area is wonderful territory. We've been doing a lot of driving along this route and plan to do more. Will be joining @WATTS-UP and others in Gettysburg on Sunday.

I'll be meeting you at Gettysburg then, looking forward to it!

I clearly missed a thread somewhere. What's going on in Gettysburg on Sunday?